Angus T. Jones

Silent Standoff

On 'Men'

11/27/2012 6:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1126_angus_t_jones_getty_Article_4
Angus T. Jones is in showbiz limbo, because he hasn't quit "Two and a Half Men" and show execs haven't fired him after he trashed the show ... TMZ has learned.

Sources connected with "Men" tell TMZ ... all of the execs on the show and at Warner Bros. have seen Angus' video, in which he calls the sitcom "filth" and asks the audience to boycott.

We've learned Angus -- who rakes in $300,000 an episode -- has not contacted any of the show honchos to express his intentions, nor have any of his reps done the same. Although Angus says in the video he doesn't want to be on the show anymore, that message has not been conveyed to show execs.

On the other side, we've learned Chuck Lorre, the brains behind the show, has not played his hand ... even to Warner Bros. executives.

Today could be telling, because there's a scheduled rehearsal this AM. It's unclear if Angus is supposed to be there, but if he's a no-show his absence could be the first step toward the door.

eltito

the little ugly moron should take a hike, with so many people unemployed, this ugly little POS should get the boot.....NOW!!!!!!

JudeThom

Give the kid a break. He is just a kid.

David Jones

I applaud this young man for speaking of righteousness and making a stand in an evil world. Though I am not sure about the way he did it, without first speaking with the people involved, Who knows, maybe he did.

Rip

What an idiot, why don't give back all the money you have made from the evil show. unbelievable , how stupid you are.

John

If this had been a Muslim, and folks were bashing him for his comments, I think the word "hate" would have been used to describe the bashers....

John

Garbage in, garbage out. What you put into your head is what will come out. That includes TV shows.

David Jones

I applaud this young man for making a stand for righteousness and speaking out against the evil of this world. Though I think it would have been better served if he had first spoke to the parties involved, especially since they have spent years in investing in him and have by virtue of association given him this platform in which to speak.

Denise

I find the number of negative comments extremely disturbing. When Angus came to the show he was a child and didn’t fully understand the words and actions of his coworkers. Now he is a young man who is capable of understanding the scripts. Why should he be grateful or give thanks to people who have not taken his personal growth or development into consideration. Whether you believe in God or not every American is entitled to free speech. I am a fan of the show but I have recently found myself in a similar situation as Angus (Jake). I realize that as a Christian I can no longer be a part of the types of disparaging remarks, images and innuendo that is on nearly every episode of "Men". To all of you who don't agree that is your right but for those of us with a different moral compass that is our right as well so please stop bashing this brave young man for doing what we are all entitled to-------"Exercising our 1st Amendment Right".

Suzanne

I find it admirable that, as young as he is, he is willing to stand up for his beliefs. It is so easy to critizize someone for his Christian beliefs, and most people just keep quiet. I used to love the show, but actually stopped watching it due to the overt theme of sex, drugs and alcohol.

RICHIE

KICK HIM TO THE CURB, NEXT YEAR HE'LL BE FLIPPING BURGERS FOR $8.25

lee

So remove him from his pain!

jeves

I have lost all respect for Angus jones. It was this show that put him on the map and let the people see his talent. But in reality, you dont bite the hand that feeds you. Thats what got charlie sheen canned, and will be the downfall of Angus Jones. I agree the show has took a tumble since charlie left and ashton was brought in,
but how will producers act if they have to can jones as well?!!!!

Samuel

take him off the show, he will not be missed, send him to defend us against the enemy and have the camp bombed, that will kill the cook.

bonnie

I don't watch 21/2 men since Charley left the show. but I think that if he feels this way it is his right and nobody should think bad of him because of his beliefs. Maybe his soul is more important to him than the almighty dollar

Mark

Finally someone with standards and morals. Way to go Angus. Most of what is on television is obscene and imoral. I won't let my children and grand children watch such filth. I wouldn't waste my time to watch this program.

Previous 15 Comments | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments