Lindsay Lohan

ARRESTED FOR FIGHTING

11/29/2012 1:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1129142_lohan_arrested_nyc

Lindsay Lohan was ARRESTED at 4 AM Thursday in New York City for allegedly punching a woman at a New York City nightclub ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

Our sources say Lohan was at Club Avenue when she got into some sort of argument with a female patron and it became physical.  We're told cops came and arrested Lindsay for allegedly assaulting her.

Law enforcement tells us prior to the fight words were exchanged between Lindsay and the woman as they sat in separate booths near each other.  Lindsay said something to the effect of, "Give me my space."  Some time passed and then, for some reason, Lindsay allegedly punched the girl in the left side of her face.

1130_lindsay_victim_04_Splash
We're told by the time cops arrived Lindsay had left the club and was a passenger in a car that was leaving the area.  Cops intercepted the car and made the arrest.

While Lohan was in cuffs, she kept repeating, "Are you kidding me? Are you kidding me?"

Lindsay was booked for 3rd degree misdemeanor assault, given a desk appearance ticket (meaning she must show up in court in the near future) and released several hours after she was taken into custody.  Law enforcement says she was "visibly tired" at the station.

We're told investigators went back to the club looking for security footage of the alleged altercation.

112912_lindsay_leaving_station_launch
And this isn't Lindsay's only legal problem.  TMZ broke the story ... she is about to be charged with lying to cops in June after her car accident on Pacific Coast Highway.  She told them she was a passenger in the Porsche when actually she was driving.

And, if Lindsay is formally charged with the latest crime, it could trigger yet another probation violation.

Story developing ...

Shar J

Gotta admit that Lindsay and her family are great at keeping their name(s) in the news!! LOL

Celeb Gossip Maven

According to Radar Online: apparently Milo has been commenting about Lindsay's arrest on Twitter, saying that that he has "tried and tried", and of course blaming Dina for not being on the same page as him.
His quotes are laughable and he is such an ass.

EmilyG

when will this chick learn? My god at some point normal people realize they need to grow up and stop doing this stuff

nickytheknuckles

You can't ALWAYS be out at clubs until 4 if you want to live a righteous life. I've been there, and I couldn't see how much trouble that BS brought me. You have to be forced to stay out of it long enough that you look back at it like the ridiculous fishbowl that it is. I'm afraid a long term in-patient facility like Hazelden is her ONLY hope... It was mine.

lisa

TMZ needs to stop covering this girl. She's no longer an actress. She's a criminal.

rick

Who can say what happenede here or what she is going through. She is a kid and only she knows what is going on for her. I like her. She will be ok. I was worse at that age.

STFUP

Remember now. She's on probation not for "stealing" a necklace, but for "taking a necklace without permission."
When this loser finally kills someone, will they say she "inserted the knife into her victim without prior consent"? Gesus!
LOCK THE REPEAT-OFFENDER, TWO-TIME PROBATION VIOLATING B**CH UP!

girlshark

It's just not the least bit interesting anymore.

Rocco

She's a modern day Bonnie looking for her Clyde. She should hook up with Chris Brown, and terrorize the Nation's night clubs.

If you don't take the girl out of the nightclub, you won't take the nightclub out of the girl.

DD

that's quite a bruise on that girl's cheek. lock that idiot up like they did Paris Hilton....

Bob

Low-life family.... skunks who need inpatient help, stat!

Grandma Cracker

Well, now Nicole can no longer use the term NON VIOLENT when she describes Lindsay's misdemeanors!

wayne

Her defense I didn't do it,I wasn't even there,that wasn't me I was home baking Christmas cookies.that was someone else who looks like me,oh this sucks,if I wanted to fight I'd just call my mom.

Scary

It's sad when getting arrested becomes a routine. I used to hope she'd turn things around - heck, she's been given way more chances than a non-celebrity would get. But she still doesn't really get it and clearly doesn't appreciate all she's given, and she's just full of excuses. It's never her. Sure, her parents are a huge mess, but she's an adult now. What happened to all that supposed therapy she was doing? Now I think they should just lock her up, and then she needs to just go away, at least for awhile. And I used to think that maybe, just maybe, she would turn things around. Nope, not going to happen.

kitnplayn

Look at the garbage you raised, Dina, you selfish cow. Can't you see that she's angry and confused, because all you ever did was use her for a meal ticket.