Steven Tyler

I'm NOT a Racist!

11/28/2012 10:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1128_steven_nicki_01
Steven Tyler says Nicki Minaj is dead wrong ... he's not a racist ... and has now issued an Angus T. Jones-style quasi-apology for the controversial comments he made about the new "American Idol" judge.

Minaj had publicly unloaded on Tyler ... after the Aerosmith singer insinuated Nicki doesn't appreciate rock music and "would have sent [Bob Dylan] to the cornfield" if he had appeared on the show.

Nicki fired back on Twitter, "That’s a racist comment. You assume that I wouldn’t have liked Bob Dylan??? why? black? rapper? what? go f*** yourself and worry about yourself babe."

But yesterday, Tyler finally explained himself on the Canadian talk show, "eTalk," saying, "I apologize if it was taken wrong, Nicki ... but I am the farthest from [being a racist]."

He added, "I am the last thing on this planet as far as being a racist. I don't know where she got that out of me saying I'm not sure how she would've judged Bob Dylan."

No word if Nicki has accepted the "apology."

Enlightened

It is sad that even someone as successful as Tyler is still so afraid of the Left's strong-arm tactics that he grovels and apologizes for something that absolutely does not require it. Stop indulging the nonsensical positions of blacks and gays, and they will stop behaving like petulant, over-indulged children. Keep playing along, and you only empower them. What Tyler should have said was: "If Nicki were fluent in the English language, and had an 8th grade level of reading comprehension, she would know that my comment cannot logically be interpreted as having anything to do with race."

Sweetsextandrude1

She has more money than all of you put 2gether...do y'all think she give a flying f**k what y'all say...lol...y'all all look and sound stupid...DUMBASSES...

sas

you can't have a battle of wits with an unarmed person... steven shouldn't even try, she's a fool

Tami

I think her statement that Steven is racist stems from emotions! The term "racist" is used very loosely now-a-days. She felt that he figured she didn't know that type of music because she's black, when in fact that's "probably" not what he meant, however if that is what he meant, that still wouldn't make him racist! Anyway I sure as hell had no idea who Bob Dylan was!! Found out according to some of the comments that I must be stupid for not knowing who that is, well, that's how I felt when I ran into a 53 yr old woman who had know clue who Harriet Tubman is!!

nature30

im a black man she did pull the race card thats sad, but for the comments said go fetch pudding pops, i never ate those in my life, and by the way niki minaj thinks she's white, she just said that.

Crystal

nicki minaj is a dumb bitch i think she is rude and annoying i feel sorry for mariah and keith urban on american idol

Enlightened

And by the way, I love the irony of someone like the "eloquent" Ms. Minaj crying racism, when she hated her natural "black" nose so much she had it whittled down to half its size so that she could look more WHITE. See the before and after pics on Celebrity Plastic Surgery. Is there no one who will stand up to the mindless rantings of ghetto high school dropouts who have screwed their way to an over-sized paycheck?

yerppi3

Steven, don't apologize. Nicki is a talentless rude autotuned little piece of garbage who starts feuds with icons for attention. This girl has been famous for a few years and has started crap with people who have been in the business for longer than she's been alive.

We all know what you meant. Nicki, the autotuned NON SINGER/RAPPER, would not know what actual talent is like Bob Dylan. She'd pass on him because he didn't wear pink wigs and glitter and have a gimmick like her. She calls everyone a racist. She is an idiot and I hope she gets fired from Idol

A1A

Racist this, racist that. I wonder what the next buzz word will be that people use to classify people they don't like? Have you read what some ideas claim is racist? Using the word "apartment" or "Chicago" when talking about BO is considered racist. These idiots don't even know what racism actually is, all they know is that currently its a bad word that tarnishes someone for a day or two.

lauren

nicki is a flash in the pan compaired to steven tyler and bob dylan.......she needs to recognize and respect.........

Allupinyourearhole

To both sides: just goes to show you....if you cant say something nice, just dont say nothing...cause you see what it leads to...

USA#1

Way to go Nicki, Playing the race card when there is no racism. Playing the race card and racism is for the weak minded and those who lack the intelligence to do otherwise. Typical behavior from a self absorbed fool.

Sandi

It was a comment about her talent or lack thereof, not about race.

Calling it racist is just a way to deflect from the truth, that he actually has a point.

Nobody.Puts.Bieber.In.A.Corner

What?

Nicoleasm

I don't get why Tyler would say she doesn't like rock music...how does he know that? The feud with Mariah doesn't have anything to do with rock music..it sounds like that came out of nowhere. What's really questionable is whether her, Mariah, and Keith will be good judges or not