Steven Tyler

I'm NOT a Racist!

11/28/2012 10:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1128_steven_nicki_01
Steven Tyler says Nicki Minaj is dead wrong ... he's not a racist ... and has now issued an Angus T. Jones-style quasi-apology for the controversial comments he made about the new "American Idol" judge.

Minaj had publicly unloaded on Tyler ... after the Aerosmith singer insinuated Nicki doesn't appreciate rock music and "would have sent [Bob Dylan] to the cornfield" if he had appeared on the show.

Nicki fired back on Twitter, "That’s a racist comment. You assume that I wouldn’t have liked Bob Dylan??? why? black? rapper? what? go f*** yourself and worry about yourself babe."

But yesterday, Tyler finally explained himself on the Canadian talk show, "eTalk," saying, "I apologize if it was taken wrong, Nicki ... but I am the farthest from [being a racist]."

He added, "I am the last thing on this planet as far as being a racist. I don't know where she got that out of me saying I'm not sure how she would've judged Bob Dylan."

No word if Nicki has accepted the "apology."

5pmEverywhere

Nicki Minaj is a troublemaker of low class and even lower talent. AI has turned into a complete circus.

5pmEverywhere

Nicki Minaj is an ignorant fool who combines low class with low talent.
AI has turned into a circus, not a talent competition.

Ben

Apologize for what? If that is the way it is going to have to be were you can't say anything because they might find it racist then that just do dam bad. And keep pushing and you will divide the country into a race war with all this BS.

Jackie

What's with this girl disrespecting music legends???.. She needs to realize she's only been famous for 5 minutes and might not have much longer if she keeps this sh*t up. Her music isn't all that great and her sh*tty award show performances don't help her any. ....BTW I LOVE Steven Tyler and Aerosmith....DON'T APOLOGIZE TO HER!!!!

jason

Thats the only card they can throw shes the racist....

nikkireps

here we go again.. ive always felt Nicki is self-conscious about her race. she raps like shes all hood, but talks, dresses, and presents herself like a white girl from the valley. nobody made this about race until SHE did.

Vote2012

Very strange I did not know she was black...she does a good job trying to be white....I guess she just becomes black when she needs to be black.

Toallthehatersoftheworld

Thing that make u say hmmmmmmmmmm

l

Why would he have to apologize to that ignorant no talent. He didn't say anything wrong- only a racist makes every comment a racial issue. So I guess maybe she should apologize to him.

HansGruber

Nicki needs to grow the hell up and stop playing the race card. Newsflash: Not everyone who criticizes an African-American is being "racist." I'm sure that people have made negative comments about Steven Tyler before but I doubt that he thinks his critics said those things because they hate white people. Kissing someone's a$$ because they are a minority = NOT treating all races equally = Racism. Not the other way around.

HansGruber

Doesn't Nicki see Steven Tyler all the time at award shows and events? Couldn't she get his phone number pretty easily, and ask him what he meant by the comment instead of jumping to conclusions and acting like an e-thug? Why would she say this on Twitter instead of saying it to his face? What a coward. (Am I allowed to call her that or am I being racist?)

Gordon

White People need to STOP apologizing every time a Black person plays the race card. Steven Tyler never mentioned race...Ugly Minaj is an idiot.

Zarley

You hould have told him his poop is black or brown,depending on his last meal....minaj a ****..

william

Ah well, we've all come to expec this. Another clueless black ho stupidly calling racism where none exists. Minaj may want to look i the mirror and try to figure out if she would have had the same response had the Tyler been black and made the comment. If not, if she would have actually listened to a "brother" and responded differently, that makes her the racist. Yes, Minaj, you folks can be just as racist as us white folk... didn't you get the memo?

Onward

No, honey, he was saying you have no taste. That's not a racist comment; it's an opinion.

Since when does making a negative comment about you automatically mean he's a racist? Maybe it just means he recognizes bad taste when he sees it.