Steven Tyler

I'm NOT a Racist!

11/28/2012 10:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1128_steven_nicki_01
Steven Tyler says Nicki Minaj is dead wrong ... he's not a racist ... and has now issued an Angus T. Jones-style quasi-apology for the controversial comments he made about the new "American Idol" judge.

Minaj had publicly unloaded on Tyler ... after the Aerosmith singer insinuated Nicki doesn't appreciate rock music and "would have sent [Bob Dylan] to the cornfield" if he had appeared on the show.

Nicki fired back on Twitter, "That’s a racist comment. You assume that I wouldn’t have liked Bob Dylan??? why? black? rapper? what? go f*** yourself and worry about yourself babe."

But yesterday, Tyler finally explained himself on the Canadian talk show, "eTalk," saying, "I apologize if it was taken wrong, Nicki ... but I am the farthest from [being a racist]."

He added, "I am the last thing on this planet as far as being a racist. I don't know where she got that out of me saying I'm not sure how she would've judged Bob Dylan."

No word if Nicki has accepted the "apology."

therealgenelgnd

I have never found Nicki to be anything more than a gimmick. She is NOT talented but her label has clout and forces her down everyone's throat. She is what is wrong with the record industry there are artists 20 times better than her out there but she gets the exposure. Why put her on the show why not Queen Latifa or lil Kim even Trina had more class than Nicki does. Based on the comment Mr. Tyler made he is spot on she would not have picked him neither would allot of people today. Bob Dylan is a great artist IMO but lets be honest on a show like American Idol he would not go far cause its a popularity contest at the end of the day. I guess this is another year I will not be watching Idol I'd rather see Demi and Brittany.

Lis

Why does her opinion matter? Oh, it DOESN'T.

DaniM0nster

Nicki reminds me of a little hot sh** teenager.

Random person: "I like your hair."

Nicki:"WHAT YOU SAY ABOUT MY HAIR HO? WHAT YOU SAY ABOUT ME? YOU RACIST! **** YOURSELF!"

msdawndawn

Nicki - Get over yourself. Steve is absolutely right - you would have sent Bob Dylan to the cornfield. Not because your BLACK my dear - it's because you are a talent-less idiot that has no intelligent response other than the race card. Bob Dylan will be remembered way past the day you are forgotten. Sorry!

DNaeve

I think he's just sticking up for rock music, as I would. But the black comment shouldn't have been said. He may have spoken before thinking about what he was going to say.

Scary Ann

I think it's pretty clear how most people feel about this situation.....Nicki Minaj is a skank and Steven Tyler has no apologies to make. He didn't mention it on Letterman last night. Rock on Aerosmith! Why aren't you doing a show in Detroit?

Kim S

it really makes me sick how if u r white n make any kind or comment or remark about someone of the black race u r a racist. It's getting so effin old!!!! Here's a thought.... MOVE ON!!! it's like all the blacks screaming racism dont have anything good or intelligent to say so it automatically becomes RACISM!!!

Leonore

Who is Nicki Minaj? Is that a new actress? ;)

Coochiepoot

Nicki is still fighting with this old lady?

Melissa

Steven I don't believe your a racist at all. The reason she felt compelled to call you that is because a lot of black people have a hard time accepting criticism so the easy to go is pull the race card out. I feel comfortable enough as a black person to admit this. Just because a white person says something we don't particular like, or we believe is unfair oes not make him a racist. I hope in my lifetime we can stop all the hate and judging one another based on skin color. Another thing agree with me or not but black people can be racist as well. I feel that was a racist comment she accused Steven of.

Snowman with a Turnip Nose

Harvey must be very satisfied. Once again he got all the precious KKKlicks from all the dyslexic Herrenmenschen for his investors with yet another completely pointless pseudo-controversy.

Attaboy! Yay capitalism!

GreenDayIsGr8

What a load of ****! That's not a racial comment at all! Gimme a break!

VINCENTiago31@gmail.com

TAMI- age is no excuse. If you don't know who Bob Dylan is, you are seriously ****ing ignorant mother****er, and should have your drivers license revoked, should not be able to vote, etc.
It's called having a basic grasp of history, general sort of inquisitiveness about life, etc.
THE FACT THAT YOU ARE 29(!) MAKES IT EVEN MORE UNACCEPTABLE. YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF. GOD HELP US ALL WITH THESE UPCOMING GENERATIONS- THEY ARE SOME SERIOUSLY F-D UP, DUMB-ASS PEOPLE!

Bojwolb

Just how in the hell can Tyler questioning her judging skills make him a racist? This is just another example of how ******s have been using this whole racist thing as a crutch. It's like, "Oh no! I had better not criticize a black person in any way, shape, or form or else they will whine racist!" **** them monkeys! Aw, is that too racist for you 'groids!?

peterfrady

Steven you have Nothing to Apologize for, as you know drugs **** up the thought process and perception of everyone... The chick is full of herself and very disrespectful... She already shower her true self on TV and easy to play the Race card when you talk trash...