Steven Tyler

I'm NOT a Racist!

11/28/2012 10:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1128_steven_nicki_01
Steven Tyler says Nicki Minaj is dead wrong ... he's not a racist ... and has now issued an Angus T. Jones-style quasi-apology for the controversial comments he made about the new "American Idol" judge.

Minaj had publicly unloaded on Tyler ... after the Aerosmith singer insinuated Nicki doesn't appreciate rock music and "would have sent [Bob Dylan] to the cornfield" if he had appeared on the show.

Nicki fired back on Twitter, "That’s a racist comment. You assume that I wouldn’t have liked Bob Dylan??? why? black? rapper? what? go f*** yourself and worry about yourself babe."

But yesterday, Tyler finally explained himself on the Canadian talk show, "eTalk," saying, "I apologize if it was taken wrong, Nicki ... but I am the farthest from [being a racist]."

He added, "I am the last thing on this planet as far as being a racist. I don't know where she got that out of me saying I'm not sure how she would've judged Bob Dylan."

No word if Nicki has accepted the "apology."

still2easy

She is a freakin notalent idiot

Joao

Why did he lower himself to responding to that crazy bitch's remarks. The truth be told, she's not sophisticated and probably doesn't even know who Bob Dylan is.. that bitch couldn't name two songs that Dylan wrote.

Amber

This is ridiculous, he has to put an apology out there simply because this idiot Nicki Minaj called him Racist... This insult coming from a woman who dresses and acts like a frickin Clown! She has zero talent and should not be allowed to judge anyone! At least we know Mariah (diva that she may be) can carry a tune and not just talk really fast on a track... Nicki, please fad into the background soon!

Twiz

She just doesnt like the fact that he is right. She doesnt have a clue what good music is . .

Melissa1987

Everyone knows ur not a racist. It is nicki who is the racist one. She is the only one who saw something racist in what was said. She is the type of person that makes it hard to fight real racism. Its starting to loose its meaning.

KnuckleDragger

Tyler speaks his mind and I don't think he's a racist. Evidence? He's never said anything remotely racist in his whole musical career. Minaj, on the other hand, says anything that comes to her mind without using an adult filter.

angi9349

seriously?? I'm so tired of hearing about this b*tch. Every time someone says something negative about her she throws out the "black and rapper" card...well guess what!?!? We don't CARE what color you are nor do the majority of us think you can rap! You are more fake than Octomom's lips so get over it and yourself cause you are NOTHING!

KattyKat

I hate this dumb talentless pig!! Typical of her kind to play the race card.....not once single word out of Tyler's mouth had anything to do with race. She's the racist one

Realist

So it's racist to think you wouldn't know talent if it sat on your face, sweetheart? You have to HAVE talent to SEE talent. Thus, you'd bench Bob.

KicksandGiggles

Stevie does not have a single racist bone in his body. His brain is too clouded with weed to put together and orchestrate that kind of stupid hate. That said, Minaj's weave is too tight and once the blood circulates again, she will see how off base she was. Life will go on.

K-Kay

I'm sick of all the accusations about being "racist" or "politically incorrect". Why has this society gotten so touchy? SAD!

Thetruth

As an African American myself I can't see were in here head did she pull out him being a racist, and he didn't owe her a thing. Guess bird brains can pull anything together in there head SMH poor nicki

pat

Wonder is the bimbo would have put Hendrix thru!!!

Sabrina

Playing the race card again. Contrary to what some believe, not everyone is a racist. It's sickening how people have to walk on eggshells just to make sure their words don't offend others.

If sense were common everyone would have it.

He was implying she doesn't appreciate GOOD music. She has the musical tastes of an eleven-year old. That's what he was saying. She needs to stop flattering herself with the racist bit. She has the physical appearance of cotton candy and blubber spit out from a blender and the most absurd facial features I've seen on a female.