Steven Tyler

I'm NOT a Racist!

11/28/2012 10:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1128_steven_nicki_01
Steven Tyler says Nicki Minaj is dead wrong ... he's not a racist ... and has now issued an Angus T. Jones-style quasi-apology for the controversial comments he made about the new "American Idol" judge.

Minaj had publicly unloaded on Tyler ... after the Aerosmith singer insinuated Nicki doesn't appreciate rock music and "would have sent [Bob Dylan] to the cornfield" if he had appeared on the show.

Nicki fired back on Twitter, "That’s a racist comment. You assume that I wouldn’t have liked Bob Dylan??? why? black? rapper? what? go f*** yourself and worry about yourself babe."

But yesterday, Tyler finally explained himself on the Canadian talk show, "eTalk," saying, "I apologize if it was taken wrong, Nicki ... but I am the farthest from [being a racist]."

He added, "I am the last thing on this planet as far as being a racist. I don't know where she got that out of me saying I'm not sure how she would've judged Bob Dylan."

No word if Nicki has accepted the "apology."

OH NO!

NIkki should shut her fat anus.

JC

How can you possibly, even remotely interpret Steven Tylers comment as racist? I would say you really need to be searching for something controversial to be able to throw the race card into that comment.

mark

she is the absolute epitome of filthly, repulsive, fecally-aromatic hot, wet garbage. i would consider the opinion of a monkey's turd before i would consider hers. minaj is nothing more than a loud, clown-faced hooker who desperately needs people to look at and listen to her. she's a pitiful, sad, stupid pig! REPUGNANT!!

pat

Now this ignorant piece of trash is reveling at the fact that she's outraged a lot of people and that they are all talking about her.

I agree with the earlier post that said Ratings must be low. And, they are low because of her.

Skunt

I have worked with Steven in the past. And can confirm that he is a Racist. He called me a Paki.

Obamais still aracist

why do people buy records from racist, they are so disgusting,Minaj is such a disgusting racist

anya2u

No apology was necessary. She just misunderstood the comment and overreacted, as she has done before. She makes a fool of herself every time she opens her mouth or even just shows herself in public. It's just her way to cope with her ignorance and get the attention she so craves.

sav

Minaj is complete trash, and that has nothing to do with what she smells like or what she wears or the color of her skin. the product she puts out and who she is on the 'inside' makes her trash. So typical of celebs to turn any sort of criticism into a race-card debate.

RATTLESNAKE

nothing will ever change unless calling the race card stops, ! unfortunately her small mind just cannot get wrapped around this idea and will continue to propagate hate unless you really want equality which means you have to burry the old race card for good. it does not get any more basic than this. Don't use what you don't want ! OMG ! !

JDoors

Nicki plays the race card, proving she is racist (injecting race where it is not an issue). Or she is just too stupid to understand Steve's simple point. Or just a vindictive bitch (or so I hear). I still love her music, but if she's any of the above, I'll probably reconsider.

Luvjaq

ummm looks to me like Nikki made it about race and Steven just meant she wouldnt know unadulterated lyrical work if it bit her on her big ole over produced booty

Bigdogg

Cripes...... He DIDN'T say cotton field! He said CORN field!

laffnbear

The great Bob Dylan is a megastar and the polar opposite of Minaj.
I wouldn't know how she would judge him either
I do know she has no criteria for judging a talent such as he.

dri

PHK NIKKI.....SHE THE MOST UNTALENTED BIG AZZ WHORE OUT THERE...SHE IS PROOF YOU CAN TAKE THE SKANK OUTTA THE GHETTO BUT YOU CANT TAKE THE GHETTO OUTTA HER. HOPE HER NEXT TRICK GIVES HER AIDS!

LYNDA

I swear!! Them black folk's is the racist ones!! Always calling out that racist card!!! Idiots!!!