Steven Tyler

I'm NOT a Racist!

11/28/2012 10:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1128_steven_nicki_01
Steven Tyler says Nicki Minaj is dead wrong ... he's not a racist ... and has now issued an Angus T. Jones-style quasi-apology for the controversial comments he made about the new "American Idol" judge.

Minaj had publicly unloaded on Tyler ... after the Aerosmith singer insinuated Nicki doesn't appreciate rock music and "would have sent [Bob Dylan] to the cornfield" if he had appeared on the show.

Nicki fired back on Twitter, "That’s a racist comment. You assume that I wouldn’t have liked Bob Dylan??? why? black? rapper? what? go f*** yourself and worry about yourself babe."

But yesterday, Tyler finally explained himself on the Canadian talk show, "eTalk," saying, "I apologize if it was taken wrong, Nicki ... but I am the farthest from [being a racist]."

He added, "I am the last thing on this planet as far as being a racist. I don't know where she got that out of me saying I'm not sure how she would've judged Bob Dylan."

No word if Nicki has accepted the "apology."

Crackhead

It looks like Nicki Minaj has a nasty, ghetto personality to go along with her nasty, ghetto looking face.

3Storms

Minaj is just a classless wild she-boon who acts like trash (I shouldn't say "acting because I doubt it's an act) and steps on toes, then bullies people around while depicting herself as the victim when she gets called out on it.
In other words she's a typical democrat.

Lynda Jones-owings

I am a black women and I think Nicki Minaj is an idot; she has NO reason to be on the show and brings nothing to the table. Steven, I really, really think he is great. Nicki "IDOT" Minaj, get a life....................

The statement that Steven made had nothing to do with race. Where the hell did that come from?

smileandshine

Typical for Nicki she always seems to preoccupied with being an instigator, and a antagonist first poor Mariah being all chewed up by her .

sayhi2karma

Well that's the trend for the past 4 years, isn't it? If you say anything negative about anyone of color, it isn't because (God forbid) it could be true, it's because you're a racist. These idiots who drop the race card every time the sun goes under a cloud are wearing out the term. To call Tyler racist shows her ignorance of his background. Every time show opens that sewer hole under her nose she says something ignorant.

Rey

I would not have ever thought in a million years that Steve Tyler could be racist. I like Nicki, but that was a stupid conclusion to come to after his statement. Steve Tyler just seems to cool for that. Plus, with lips that big......

Chris

Yeah, well FU Nicki

Candi

Nicki Minaj inferred that Steven was being racist when he referred to a "cornfield." How unfortunate that she turned this into a race issue when if she were simply a bit more educated she would have realized this as merely a reference to a famous short story and a later Twilight Zone episode in which bad things were "wished into the cornfield." Read a book once in a while, Nicki!

RD

Same crap as always with blacks. Every time someone says something bad about them, that's the first thing they cry. EVERYTHING isn't racism.

STFUP

That clown on crack, Minge, is crazy! What Tyler said was not racist in ANY way. Not even remotely. She's nuts.

Miki

He shouldn't have to aplogize for her ignorance.

Lori

I am sure Steven meant Nicki would not appreciate Bob Dylan's voice. Leave it to an untalented little troll like Nicki to call every white person who disagrees with her a racist.

Dr Samuel Weiscrak

Jesus ignorant people like earn in barrist men to black race she wasn't so ignorant she would actually understand what was said no it's not racist but

Dr Samuel Weiscrak

Oh f*ck it, nevermind that comment, voice recognition on android still sucks hard! Lol

J

Nicki and Steven are both talentless, ugly sh*theads.