Steven Tyler

I'm NOT a Racist!

11/28/2012 10:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1128_steven_nicki_01
Steven Tyler says Nicki Minaj is dead wrong ... he's not a racist ... and has now issued an Angus T. Jones-style quasi-apology for the controversial comments he made about the new "American Idol" judge.

Minaj had publicly unloaded on Tyler ... after the Aerosmith singer insinuated Nicki doesn't appreciate rock music and "would have sent [Bob Dylan] to the cornfield" if he had appeared on the show.

Nicki fired back on Twitter, "That’s a racist comment. You assume that I wouldn’t have liked Bob Dylan??? why? black? rapper? what? go f*** yourself and worry about yourself babe."

But yesterday, Tyler finally explained himself on the Canadian talk show, "eTalk," saying, "I apologize if it was taken wrong, Nicki ... but I am the farthest from [being a racist]."

He added, "I am the last thing on this planet as far as being a racist. I don't know where she got that out of me saying I'm not sure how she would've judged Bob Dylan."

No word if Nicki has accepted the "apology."

Nobody.Puts.Bieber.In.A.Corner

Sounds to me ike this beeotch play the phucking race card every chance she gets. Screw that skanky no talent having hoe!

myopinion

Nicki is a JERK!!!!

bon

Make her go away.

Majestik

Steve, should've used a saying that she understood, she'd send Bob Dylan back to BumFcukEgypt. All Tyler was saying is that she'd send Dylan back to small town U.S.A. I guess white folks and Cornfields are now totally off limits in describing your background.

ray

this chick is just TOXIC.

Kevin85255

So sick of this lady. Not everything is a racist comment. Just because McDonald's stopped serving breakfast 5 minutes before she comes in does not make the cashier racist. Geeze!

Joanne

Astute person of any hue would have axed Dylan, he's totally unpalatable.

jen

steven: don;t even worry about it...see "your white" and anything you say will be declared racist by anyone that is NOT WHITE....specialy all the wanna be's out there, and they are angry because of this, just ask Halle Berry...

NameNotImportat

Bob Dylan is so overrated

Shellybean

Steven doesn't have to apologize to her washed up azz! I LOVE YOU STEVEN!!!!!! He's NOT RACIST, DAMNIT!!!!

JohnnyT

Maybe a better response on Tylers parts would have been.." Nikki's youth, ableit , immturity in the biz, limits hers pallet . " Her reponse that he is a "'rascist" supports the position that she lacks maturity and judegment.

Nobrows

As always . . . play the race card. Getting really sick of incompetent people hiding behind that. It has nothing to do with the color of your skin. If you are unqualified, you are unqualified. Don't care if you are white, black, purple or polka dotted.

Beverly

Please do not apoligized to that filthy talking B!**ch! She's the reason I WILL not watch American Idol this season.....just saying....

hockeychick

When did corn become racist? This new slang is hard to keep up with..... come on Nikki grow up.

Discretion

Okay there is NO NEED for Steven Tyler to be apologizing! He is obviously not a racists and everyone can see this. If anything the troll, I mean Nicki needs to be apologizing.... Apologizing for her music, style, attitude, ignorance and everything else that comes along with her.