Steven Tyler

I'm NOT a Racist!

11/28/2012 10:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1128_steven_nicki_01
Steven Tyler says Nicki Minaj is dead wrong ... he's not a racist ... and has now issued an Angus T. Jones-style quasi-apology for the controversial comments he made about the new "American Idol" judge.

Minaj had publicly unloaded on Tyler ... after the Aerosmith singer insinuated Nicki doesn't appreciate rock music and "would have sent [Bob Dylan] to the cornfield" if he had appeared on the show.

Nicki fired back on Twitter, "That’s a racist comment. You assume that I wouldn’t have liked Bob Dylan??? why? black? rapper? what? go f*** yourself and worry about yourself babe."

But yesterday, Tyler finally explained himself on the Canadian talk show, "eTalk," saying, "I apologize if it was taken wrong, Nicki ... but I am the farthest from [being a racist]."

He added, "I am the last thing on this planet as far as being a racist. I don't know where she got that out of me saying I'm not sure how she would've judged Bob Dylan."

No word if Nicki has accepted the "apology."

omt3

Thanks -Bruce1
I believe when he referenced "she'd send Dylan to the cornfield" Tyler was referring to a Twilight Zone episode called "It's A Good Life" where the main character had magic powers and would remove anyone who displeased him. He used the euphemism "I sent him to the cornfield" every time he did this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C34g5mz1ZQ

DA

Let not pretend that racism doesn't still exist. All one has to do is read some of these replies posted to this article. But that being said, I think Nicki without intent, made Steven's point. Bob Dylan was used as an example of someone who was not the greatest singer or didn't possess that "Star Look" so he would not have done well on a show like American Idol. Can't blame Nicki for not knowing this, after all, American Idol hired her. And for all of the blowhearts who criticize hip hop/rap as not being music, isnt that the same thing they used to say about Rock & Roll???

Calin

Wow, it's so disappointing when anyone plays the race!!!

Noel

Nikki Mytrashbag, another narcissistic self absorbed "person of color" whose hobby is screaming about racists.

YEah there's racists here all right...and they're all black.

omt3

Thanks -Bruce1

tgrfan42069

so saying she wouldnt appreciate bob dylan makes him racist??? this **** annoy me everything is race with them black people.maybe he said that because her who sucks at music wouldnt appreciate a real musician

Marci

No need to apogize for being honest, Steven.

Mark

NIkki is just a dumb bitch... Trying to turn everything into a race war... Grow the **** up.

nikki6

she sounds and looks like a freaking idiot. steven tyler is not racist and that was not a racist comment. ugh, why is she even on the freaking show?? get rid of her! skewer the pig!!!!!

suzy martinez

Steven you don't have to explaine yourself specially to that fugglly skank ! I can not beleave A. I chose this ghetto azz to be a judge she is a retard !

Laura

She has no talent..that doesn't make anyone a racist for saying it. These choices they keep making for judges on that show--I think this season will be the last for Idol.

ddddddaol.com

This racism CRAP that is sweeping the LEFT is insane. Now all they have to do is THINK that your racist..and your a racist. Cant say anything about a black person now that criticizes their character, personality, decision making skills, the way they live thier life, etc..without being called a racist. Funny thing is - no one said one single word about the color of the person!!! Not one word!!! Now the accuser's are all mind reader and their assumption's are the law. Are they "thought criminals" now?

nat

who cares if she accepts his apology, just like them to use any excuse they can to scream racist, I get so sick of it, besides why is she wearing or dying her hair blond.............TRYING TO BEWHITE OR WHAT?

tmzfan

How on Earth does she see that as a racist remark? I am so sick of the racist card.

Xx_Mrs Kravitz_xX

How the fck is what he said racist??? Fck off Nicki!