Steven Tyler

I'm NOT a Racist!

11/28/2012 10:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1128_steven_nicki_01
Steven Tyler says Nicki Minaj is dead wrong ... he's not a racist ... and has now issued an Angus T. Jones-style quasi-apology for the controversial comments he made about the new "American Idol" judge.

Minaj had publicly unloaded on Tyler ... after the Aerosmith singer insinuated Nicki doesn't appreciate rock music and "would have sent [Bob Dylan] to the cornfield" if he had appeared on the show.

Nicki fired back on Twitter, "That’s a racist comment. You assume that I wouldn’t have liked Bob Dylan??? why? black? rapper? what? go f*** yourself and worry about yourself babe."

But yesterday, Tyler finally explained himself on the Canadian talk show, "eTalk," saying, "I apologize if it was taken wrong, Nicki ... but I am the farthest from [being a racist]."

He added, "I am the last thing on this planet as far as being a racist. I don't know where she got that out of me saying I'm not sure how she would've judged Bob Dylan."

No word if Nicki has accepted the "apology."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Tami

Who the hell is Bob Dylan?

charlieyo

Dont apologize to That stank

JulesinSD

Ah, welcome to the new America. If your not black, you didn't vote for BamBam, you're a racists.

YdoIreadthisstuff

Spoken like a true stupid liberal.

Hannah Bakk

She is a skank and hip hop is ****.

EggsOverEasy

The ratings must be getting low again..

beerczar

Typical response from a minority. He never once mentioned race. Based on her style of music (if that's what you can call it) I would make the same assumption that she is not into rock and probably wouldn't care for the likes of Bob Dylan. So sick of hearing about race, maybe sometimes people just don't like you because you suck, regardless of the color of your skin.

Rene

Minaj has the brain of a 2 year old and that may be stretching it.

Jamie

Oh for godsakes....how did she get racism out of that comment? I guess when you are too stupid to understand what someone is saying you just throw the race card and as your comeback? She is an idiot.

Kevin

This comes from a black woman who wants to be a white girl...

I luv u RPattz!

Nick Minaj is a clown and idiot!

shelley

I am so confused as to why she thought that was racist. Way too sensitive little girl. You need to relax and save the "R" word for when someone really does offend you so you're not crying wolf all the time. Just because he does not agree with our you're 'judging', that does make him a racist. I get the feeling Steven Tyler is far from racist and really couldn't care that you're black so get over yourself.

lord flashheart

Pulling the race card , so f*cking cheap , old and low ...it's 2012 fcs.

jdub

I wish I could punch Nicki Minaj in the throat. You can take the hoodrat out of the ghetto, but ... well you all know the rest.

Atheist 4 life

What a slut... Hip hop and rap is for poor and stupid people.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments