Original Batmobile

Racing to the Auction Block

11/29/2012 7:47 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1130_batmobile_01

Are you old? Are you aware that Adam West had a career before "Family Guy?"

If so ... you might be interested in buying the ORIGINAL BATMOBILE from the 1960s TV series!!

The iconic ride is hitting the Barrett-Jackson auction block in January ... the very first time the vehicle has ever been for sale.

The car -- designed by legendary customizer George Barris -- has been a part of his personal collection since 1965 ... and now if could be YOURS! (if you're down to drive a car without navigation, bluetooth, mp3 player, etc.).

0921_stars_cars_footer

Monkey

Or if you do want one with navigation, blue tooth, and mp3 you could check out Fiberglass Freaks (www.fiberglassfreaks.com) and have one custom made. They are one of the few officially licensed builders.

Dukestr

I grew up a couple of blocks from Barris' shop in Toluca Lake on Riverside drive. That car in the picture is NOT the original Batmobile. That"s the one they drive to different shows. I call this one the Sprinkler Head Grill Batmobile. If you look close enough you can see the two Orange sprinkler heads on the left and right on the black grill. The original is in the back room room of George's shop net to the Munster car. Also you don't want to take the Stage I Batmobile over 70mph. You'll kill yourself. Just Saying : ) Have Fun!!!

kent

looks like the original tires and mag wheels are not on it. see: http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/i418750-8/a-history-of-the-batmobile-in-pictures-adam-west-and-burt-wards-batmobile.html

Morticia Cowghoul

me wantee
me wantee
me wantee
if i were filthy rich i would totally buy this!!! Today. As is. and the Beverly Hillbillies truck and Grandpa's Dragula!
AWESOME.

manbearpig

anyone who buys a car for the navigation, mp3 player and all that is an idiot. my phone does all that stuff already.

Tee

Are you old? Are you aware that Adam West had a career before "Family Guy?"

You guys are ********s....

Herb Fynn

I'd want to confirm it is infact Batmobile #1 and not one of the later ones made for the tv series (there were several) , or the ones he built for the auto-show circut.

Latch Johnson

I'm not old enough to have lived during its days but it's a piece of tv history and I can easily slap some Nav, BT and such into it.

CharliesAngels

John Staluppi sold this car at his cars of dreams auction

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2