« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Ex-WWE Star Maven

Loses Ugly Trophy

In Storage Auction

11/29/2012 3:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1128_maven_with_trophyWM
If you wanna buy the trophy that launched a wannabe pro-wrestler into a mediocre career with the WWE … you’re outta luck … ‘cause it just sold at a storage auction … TMZ has learned.

The wrestler in question is Maven Huffman – who famously won the inaugural WWE reality competition “Tough Enough” in 2001 – scoring himself a corny gold trophy … and a contract with Vince McMahon’s sports entertainment biz.

When Maven’s career fell apart, the trophy ended up in a storage unit in Virginia … until he stopped paying the bill. The contents of the unit went up for auction earlier this month (a la “Storage Wars”) and was sold for $100.

When the dude who bought the unit discovered the trophy, we’re told he immediately reached out to Maven to try and return it … but didn’t hear back. So, naturally, he turned to eBay and sold it to a dedicated wrestling fan in Northern California for a cool $600.

1128_maven_with_trophy2

TMZ spoke to Maven … who admits he’s bummed about the situation … but hopes the new owner of his trophy “cherishes [it] as much as I did.”

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Bitch please

Who? What? When? Where? and more importantly Why?!?!?!?!?!!?! is this corney news!!!!!!!!

NOT ELMO

WHO ???????????????????

just because

way to break wwe news RYAN SATIN lol

Cheryl A.

He hopes the new owner "cherishes it as much as he did"
I'd say, if the new owner does not leave it in an UNPAID storage locker, it's already more cherished.

linguistic

I really hope Maven gets his s*** together. I always liked him.

Dr Samuel Weiscrak

I wonder if the guy who "reached out to return it" had a cash value on it he was thinking about getting out of Maven in exchange for it? Or was he just being a cool guy?

Reba

My brother is the dedicated fan from Northern California (San Francisco, to be exact!) who bought this little treasure off ebay. He is SO STOKED to own it! Can't believe this is on TMZ...I feel like my bro is a celebrity! =D

kia1993

Maven is supa hott n talented hope to c him soon.

Alex J

Why do you diss peoples' careers, TMZ? I don't understand that. All you guys do is sit in an office all day and talk **** about people. I'm not a wrestling fan, but calling his career mediocre is laughable coming from you.