Boy George

I'm Getting Unfairly

Hammered By Mexicans

12/4/2012 4:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

1204_boy_george_getty
Boy George says a bunch of Mexicans are ganging up on him online ... trashing him for tweeting about the new Presidente ... but George says it's all a misunderstanding gigante.

The drama unfolded on Twitter early Tuesday when the former Culture Club front man announced  he would be blocking "mostly Mexicans" from contacting him on the social network ... after he was blasted with hate-mail from our neighbors down south.

So why would anyone wanna hurt George? According to the singer's rep ... George tweeted about the Mexican election earlier this week ... saying, "Mexico has a hot new president and I hope he is good for the country!"

Problem is ... the tweet was MISQUOTED by several Mexican media outlets – which translated the tweets to: "So the Mexican president is a tyrant. Well, if that's true Mexico needs good wishes."

See the problemo?

Ever since the erroneous reports got out, George says he's been bombarded with nasty tweets ... and has now resorted to "blocking anyone who annoys me by calling me 'racist' or mentioning 'presidents!”

George says it just so happens that the perps are "mostly Mexicans."

BG's rep tells TMZ ... George has nothing against the Mexican people and calls the whole thing a "ridiculous situation [blown] out of proportion about nothing."

He adds, "George has no political motivation or even knows anything about the candidates involved or their history, it was simply a good luck to the whole country."

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

crenity

What a crybaby!! Boo hoo cry me a river

Sarip88

Actually, the problem is not that, we CLEARLY understand it (I'm Mexican). The problem is that, he doesn't know anything about this freaking douchebag new president, who honestly, no one wants, but by cheating, he won. I don't blame him, he is hot, but, he has no brain. I guess we got mad because of the situation we're going through right now, he should had gotten informed and then comment about it. Anyway, that won't change a thing in the country...

Gi

I think this story isn't accurate, people in Mexico are disgusted with the new president and how he was forced in to the power.
The thing is the media tried to get mexicans to like and/or vote for him just because he is "hot" when actually he is only the puppet of a real tyrant... I don't believe mexicans are defending the president, they must be pissed BG is talking without knowing ****... At least I hope that's the reason mexicans are "hammering" him, cause if it is to deffend this "president" then we (in Mexico) are screwed...

Gi

Keenes37

Oh god, that headline is hilarious!

ocwill19

@fibb yea dumb**** I'm a woman with a husband and a little girl who turned one today so come out of the closet already u wont be so angry :( lmao

tonydiediedie

But the misquote is right on the nail..pena nieto the new president of mexico, bought his votes for 50 dollars a pop, and everyone ****ing hates him, the students over there protested his coming to city hall and they threw molotovs at his gates, he actually gated up city hall with illegal border walls like in texas, wtf! hes a tyrant, and he has already had a few mayors killed in mexico, and a buncha students arrested and 2 dead.. mexico is suffereing in a tyrant dictatorship. wtf, im in mexico right now and they just passed a law that enables the big companies to pay everyone 50 cents an hour and the president ****ing approved it!!! we mexicans are ****ing idiots. The dude cant even ****ing speak english!! HE HASNT READ A BOOK EVER, who the **** votes for such a retard?????

Lou

And this is news why? Who cares!

Mexican power

Boy george is a good guy leave him alone don't call him a *** or any bad names cuz u can't judge him only god can and my mom loves boy george :)

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5