Frankie Muniz

Suffers 'Mini-Stroke'

12/4/2012 10:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

1204-frankie-muniz-tmz
"Malcolm in the Middle" star Frankie Muniz suffered a mini-stroke last week -- and sources tell TMZ, doctors are still stumped about the cause.

Sources close to Frankie tell TMZ, the 26-year-old was taken to an Arizona ER on Friday when friends noticed he was "acting really weird" -- having trouble speaking and understanding words -- and they got freaked out.

Doctors told Frankie he had suffered a "mini-stroke" though they didn't know what caused it. We're told Frankie's still awaiting test results.

Frankie's birthday is tomorrow and his band Kingsfoil is set to begin touring on Friday -- but he's currently under doctor's orders to take it easy.

1204_frankie_muniz_footer

MaryContrary

Coke stroke possibly? or some kind of medical condition... Whatever it is, hope he's ok. He's so young to be having such a serious health issue.

Kelly

Oh, Todd. 40% chance of second stroke in the first five years.

Cartman

First hemorrhoids and now this... how old is this kid really?

Tammy

I'm sorry to hear this, but pleased that he has people around who genuinely care about him. Best wishes for a speedy recovery and continued good health.

Discretion

I hope you get better Frankie!

kitnplayn

It's not rocket science. I can tell you the cause. When you put entertainment pressures on a child, they grow up inherently and perpetually stressed.

Tray

Oh My God...do some research people! It's not uncommon for young people, even children, to have strokes. It doesn't have to do with drugs or alcohol. He could have underlying heart issues or other medical problems he is unaware of. Wow, you all jump to conclusions that it has to be drugs or alcohol. With the internet at your finger tips you'd think you'd look into it first before just talking without having any education.

FU TMZ

A Bayer a day could keep the strokes away

RachesRules

Love you Malcolm! You are a truly lovable celebrity because so many of these comments are positive!! Usually the comments are trashing the celebrities, the victims, the politicians, the Rock stars...Frankie is clearly loved!

HeyHeyTMZ

He lives near me. He goes to the Subway restaurant down the street Haha. He is so tiny! I was surprised. I knew he was a smaller dude but I wasn't expecting that. Hopefully this is nothing serious. Feel better Frankie!

Jahdude

I guess his mom finally got to him!

Criss

Hopefully having a "mini stroke" at such a young age isn't a sign of things to come in his later years! I wish him well.

She's baaaack

Hearing that always scares me and wrenches my gut. My best friend had a TIA, started talking nonsense, etc. for a few minutes, then recovered just fine. About 45 minutes later she dropped dead of a massive stroke that was like the second wave. Thank God they caught his in time. That's really scary.

Melissa

Unfortunately there is no such thing as to young to have a stroke. I believe a mini stroke is medically called a TIA. Hope he feels better soon. We all have to be mindful of what our bodies tell us. Sometimes there are warning signals but we ignore them, thinking its gas or a pulled muscle, etc. Better to be safe than sorry, take care of yourselves.

fanboymagazine