Frankie Muniz

Suffers 'Mini-Stroke'

12/4/2012 10:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

1204-frankie-muniz-tmz
"Malcolm in the Middle" star Frankie Muniz suffered a mini-stroke last week -- and sources tell TMZ, doctors are still stumped about the cause.

Sources close to Frankie tell TMZ, the 26-year-old was taken to an Arizona ER on Friday when friends noticed he was "acting really weird" -- having trouble speaking and understanding words -- and they got freaked out.

Doctors told Frankie he had suffered a "mini-stroke" though they didn't know what caused it. We're told Frankie's still awaiting test results.

Frankie's birthday is tomorrow and his band Kingsfoil is set to begin touring on Friday -- but he's currently under doctor's orders to take it easy.

1204_frankie_muniz_footer

Fallopia Lopez

Wondered what happened to this dude. He's still pretty cute.

April

Some of you people sicken me! Drug use? Alcoholism? REALLY??? I've had 5 mini strokes (which are called TIA's) The first one happened when I was 25. I am not, nor was I then, a drug or alcohol user. After years of trying to figure out the cause, I found out that my jugular vein is defective (since birth). One side is normal, and the other is narrowed. So, when blood pumps up one side it's fine, but backs up going down the other. I was put on blood thinners, and so far so good. I am now 40.
Just because the guy is young does NOT mean that he's on drugs to cause this kind of stuff. It could be something similar to what happened to me. Quit being so judgmental!!!

Lauretta

I'm guessing it was caused by a PFO, an undetected hole in the heart that's been there since birth. This caused my husbands stroke as well as Bret Michaels.

Xiolablu

They need to check for APS, it can cause strokes.

cassi

Tia's.can strike at any age. I have suffered two One at age 40 the other recently at 59. So take notice and heed the warning

aquanet

He's a prick. Karma baby

apsutter.

The exact same thing happened to Aubrey Plaza. She had a bad stroke in her early 20's and was worried she might never speak again and her friends just thought she was being silly

Chris P.

Life is unfair . . .

Chris P.

Life is unfair . . .

Chris P.

Life is unfair . . .

Chris P.

Life is unfair . . .

Castor Troy

Strokes are horrible, my mom had a stroke in September and now she doesn't have much strength in her left hand. Sad to see young people or anyone go through this, he probably has high blood pressure. I hope he doesn't have to be on meds for the rest of his life. People shouldn't make jokes about strokes, it can happen to anyone at any age.

Spicy mag

Just say no.

Toilethead

That's crazy at his age.

NoseySOB