Frankie Muniz

Suffers 'Mini-Stroke'

12/4/2012 10:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

1204-frankie-muniz-tmz
"Malcolm in the Middle" star Frankie Muniz suffered a mini-stroke last week -- and sources tell TMZ, doctors are still stumped about the cause.

Sources close to Frankie tell TMZ, the 26-year-old was taken to an Arizona ER on Friday when friends noticed he was "acting really weird" -- having trouble speaking and understanding words -- and they got freaked out.

Doctors told Frankie he had suffered a "mini-stroke" though they didn't know what caused it. We're told Frankie's still awaiting test results.

Frankie's birthday is tomorrow and his band Kingsfoil is set to begin touring on Friday -- but he's currently under doctor's orders to take it easy.

1204_frankie_muniz_footer

trish

At 39 I had what drs called a mini stroke. 3 yrs later I had, I thought, another one. Turns out I have silent migraines. They are migraines w/o the headache. I lose my speech for several hrs. Maybe thats what happened to Frankie.

Ginny Murrell

I use to watch this show with my nephew. I wish him well.

cbee

I started having TIAs when I was 18 and was very miserable up until I was 23 when a doctor finally diagnosed me with antiphospholipid antibody syndrome or APS. It is an autoimmune disease, maybe this is the cause of his TIA. Whatever it is I wish him a full recovery.

Ginny Murrell

Oooh, I liked this kid. My nephew, 12 at the time use to watch this show. I wish him well.

Raejean

At his age?.....drugs.

glenn

HE IS A LITTLE SMALLER THAN THE AVERAGE PERSON AND PERHAPS IT IS A GENETIC DEFECT OR COULD BE DRUGS

JesusSaves

Wishing this little sweetheart bright blessings!!!

anniek

l

anniek

My brother suffered from migraines and started to get mini strokes in his twenties. He has a rare disease called Cadasil! You can find out from a blood test if you have it.

Hovanassian

Things like this happen to those who play with themselves. He could not act for starters and it was a stupid show. Secondly if he only stopped taking drugs he would be healthier.

Paul138

Oh no not another actor in a band.

NOT ELMO

WOW !....

Dakota Everhart

Poor Kid..... I still watch his re-runs with my 11yo son. Maight be drug related, but none drug related strokes happen at that age too.

I wish him well!

just because

i had the same thing happen to me...i was already drunk and smoked a huge blunt and my body felt llke it was vibrating off and on but i think it was because my toes were just cold

tamekah323

Could be factor v Leiden. Its a condition similar to hemophilia but instead of excessive bleeding the body randomly forms blood clots. I have it.