Frankie Muniz

Suffers 'Mini-Stroke'

12/4/2012 10:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

1204-frankie-muniz-tmz
"Malcolm in the Middle" star Frankie Muniz suffered a mini-stroke last week -- and sources tell TMZ, doctors are still stumped about the cause.

Sources close to Frankie tell TMZ, the 26-year-old was taken to an Arizona ER on Friday when friends noticed he was "acting really weird" -- having trouble speaking and understanding words -- and they got freaked out.

Doctors told Frankie he had suffered a "mini-stroke" though they didn't know what caused it. We're told Frankie's still awaiting test results.

Frankie's birthday is tomorrow and his band Kingsfoil is set to begin touring on Friday -- but he's currently under doctor's orders to take it easy.

1204_frankie_muniz_footer

angie

cobrazombie

Poor guy. He seems like one of the (rare) normal well-adjusted young Hollywood types. Good health to you, Frank.

King Anton

holy crap this is so not cool. hope he's ok

BG

Hope he's well soon! Aside from that, looking at his picture, it struck me how much he looks like Lee Harvey Oswald. He would be a good choice for that role in a movie.

BG

And speaking of look a likes, Eric McCormack that played Will on the TV show Will and Grace sure does look a lot like George Maharis of the TV show Route 66.

sebastian

That's called drugs, I have no pity.

jjp009

Headline said he was hospitalized after a "strange accident". Exactly what was the strange accident that occurred? A stroke isn't an accident...your body does it to you on purpose.

WOZNY

FRANKIE, YOU;LL BE OK AS LONG AS YOU DON'T GIVE UP. PT IS IMPORTANT, LUMOSITY IS A GREAT SITE TO PRACTICE ON. I WORK WITH A REHAB PATIENT IN SCOTTSDALE, HE'S DOING MUCH BETTER,

Heyyou

How sad! :( Well wishes for Frankie. He is so funny and nice on Johnjay and Rich.

crabbymcclaw

Antiphospholipid Antibody Syndrome is what he should be checked for. "Sticky blood" disease, an autoimmune disease in which the antibodies attack cell membranes and cause the cells to stick together, which causes clots - it's what caused my stroke, and luckily my neurologist sent me to an oncologist.

MyTmar

Wow thats sad news...he should slow down & take it easy ! He's a talented actor & I wish him a speedy recovery !

Aprylo

I had the same thing happen to me at age 22 because of a heart defect I didn't know I had until age 36. They had no idea what caused it at the time. I don't drink or do drugs. Anyone can have a stroke at any time. They ned to check for a hole in his heart. I had this and had heart problems and was monitored for 36 years before they found it during an ablation for SVT. They had no idea and could not hear it on monitors or EKG or ECG.

johnny crosby jr.

im the biggest tmz fan watch ever day there are some hot snow bunnys on that show

chacha76