Katt Williams Slap Victim

Target FIRED ME

Over the Incident

12/4/2012 10:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

120412_williams_victim

update_bar
11:22 AM PT -- A Target spokesperson confirms Forrest has been fired from the store ... but explains, "His departure was unrelated to the video footage that has appeared online."

The rep adds, "Out of respect for the privacy of this individual, we cannot discuss the reasons for his departure."

0314_divider_graphic
The Target employee who was PIMP SLAPPED in the face by Katt Williams says he's been FIRED from his job ...even though HE was the one who was attacked.

TMZ broke the story ... Forrest Liebenberg was having a calm conversation with the comic in the Northern California store when Katt slapped him in the face for no apparent reason.  Liebenberg didn't strike back ... instead he pulled out his phone and called for help.

After the incident, Forrest told CBS13 he'd been terminated from his job with no explanation -- saying, “They weren’t very clear, but it is obvious to me that it was based on this incident.”

He added, "Maybe I was a little uninformed about how seriously the situation was with Target, but obviously it is pretty serious."

Forrest says he doesn't know if Target believes he's the person who leaked the security footage to TMZ. He also claims he is NOT the leaker.

We reached out to Target for comment -- so far, radio silence.

1129_katt_williams_slap_videolaunch

jen

That sucks Target! Shame on you! I don't believe Target. I think it was related to the incident.

Sambora

I'm sure Eminem will find another job.... And I agree, get an attorney and hold Target and the lunatic accountable.

Angela6795

This is ridiculous! That kid should sue their asses off!

christi

Not cool that he was fired but it's kind of funny there is a target ad on this article..

Nancy

Target was my first job in retail. I was shocked at how they will try to "persuade" someone to do something they say they honestly can't and at the employee theft of the contents of the safe.

BOBCAT

He can rightfully sue katt williams for assult its on tape and now world wide viewers.The termination from target is very skecthy he can get his employment records reviewed by an attorney and unlawful termination is another case ... he clearly stood his ground and didnt fight or hit back in the video. as i would have beat that little silly bastard all the way to the parking lot job be damned

mebrat24

TMZ get him fired for the video?

SensibleSense

This target employee can make Mr. Claus very happy. Come sit in Santa's lap!

Connie

He might have gotten got fired for using his personal cell phone on the sales floor on company time. That is against company policy and if he already had some write ups that's would be a good enough reason for Target to terminate him.

Armywifeftlewis2008

1st of all if I were him I would sue Cat Williams, than sue Target!! This man is gonna get paid! He wont need a Target job! Shame on you Target!!

germs

A lot of stores have policies like don'ta chase a shoplifter if there's a disagreement get help. Maybe he finally had it up to here (points at my waist) with Kat and told him to f!

Sparky

What else would you expect from a store that has NO family values or respect for American traditions such as closing on Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years and Easter, Target is all about greed and I'm boycotting them, not one item will be bought by me at Target this year. I'm not a Target employee nor does anyone in my family work there (at least I hope not). I just a guy who believes in American tradition.

Quinn

I would love to watch Katt Vs Forrest on Pay per view. Honestly this was a good thing for Forrest. People will probably give him lots of charity and attention for this. His only regret in light of being fired is that he didn't clobber Katt.

Marquia

Im not suprised that Target fired him eventhough he was the victim! I worked for Target for four years before being terminated after i was targeted by a leader and was harrassed!!!! Claiming becuse I couldnt up keep the ENTIRE womens department, shoes, accesories,intimate apparel, hoisery and be a cashier, as well as the instock person and the mgr on duty! If any lawyers are reading this I would love to pursue for wrongful termination (with do***entations) as well!!!

Toilethead

Perhaps he's simply a douchebag.