Katt Williams Slap Victim

Target FIRED ME

Over the Incident

12/4/2012 10:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

120412_williams_victim

update_bar
11:22 AM PT -- A Target spokesperson confirms Forrest has been fired from the store ... but explains, "His departure was unrelated to the video footage that has appeared online."

The rep adds, "Out of respect for the privacy of this individual, we cannot discuss the reasons for his departure."

0314_divider_graphic
The Target employee who was PIMP SLAPPED in the face by Katt Williams says he's been FIRED from his job ...even though HE was the one who was attacked.

TMZ broke the story ... Forrest Liebenberg was having a calm conversation with the comic in the Northern California store when Katt slapped him in the face for no apparent reason.  Liebenberg didn't strike back ... instead he pulled out his phone and called for help.

After the incident, Forrest told CBS13 he'd been terminated from his job with no explanation -- saying, “They weren’t very clear, but it is obvious to me that it was based on this incident.”

He added, "Maybe I was a little uninformed about how seriously the situation was with Target, but obviously it is pretty serious."

Forrest says he doesn't know if Target believes he's the person who leaked the security footage to TMZ. He also claims he is NOT the leaker.

We reached out to Target for comment -- so far, radio silence.

1129_katt_williams_slap_videolaunch

cola720

Forrest, just look at it as a payday! Sue both they butts, Target and Katt!! You'll probley get the most from Target though cause if you think about Katt money ain't that long. Laugh all the way to the Bank!!! It may take about a year if you start now! :-)

Astropilot

He is a cashier, not security. He wouldn't have direct access to the video. But, several Target Employees across the country have access to the video of that store. It can be tapped into digitally, but its not easy to download. However it looks like one of their security personal recorded the video playback from the store monitor on their cell phone. Also, Target has their own investigations dept that has contracts with YouTube and EBay that tracks downs user info to track down video uploader and thieves. The proper thing would have been to suspend this guy, pending investigation

karen

They are as bad as Walmart Boycott them

abigailvonbeaverhausen

SAY - Thank You Target!... Now you have monetary damages that have resulted from your attack! Sue Katt Williams - Sue Target for wrongful termination!

I give that Target Guy props for not ripping that a**hole a new one when he got hit. He just calmly pulled out his phone and called for help. By the video you can see the employee is much bigger than that little pip squeak Katt Williams. Hit a kid at work... you should change your name to Pu**y Williams.

jason c

Dag you lost your job and got slapped by a midget

Ric

A lawsuit coming to Target. Target = a.holes.

Rob

That's Targets BS policy.I was a team leader and one of my team members punched me in the back of the head and we were both fired.I had a newborn baby at the time and lost my apartment and car because of it.That's their no violence policy..So basically if I want to get a team member fired I can walk in there hit him,and he's fired.

Rob

Yurra Knutz

(WARNING, FRIDAY REFERENCE) I hope he didn't get fired on his day off.

atlchevygrl

I was sure he was gonna get a raise or bonus...guess I was wrong smh

BellaJ

I truly question how a cashier would be allowed access to a copy to the company's security footage. Especially when he was slapped by a celebrity consumer. It just doesn't add up Target! I hope Forrest gets a good attorney and sues both Katt and Target!

diane

Katt is a,racist pig. Dude sue his black ass

jordan

no matter who he decides to sue, that man getting paid

Namesles

Probably filed workers comp case and got target involved and terminated

Mendal

I would have F'ed Katt Williams up.