« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

MLB Superstar & Wife

Trash the Wedding Dress

12/4/2012 11:25 AM PST BY Johnny Lopez

1204_ryan_howard_wife_Splash
Two days after tying the knot, Phillies first baseman Ryan Howard and his Eagles cheerleader bride Krystle Campbell took a break from enjoying their honeymoon to take part in the bizarre ritual of
trashing their wedding dress for a photo shoot in Maui on Monday.

For those who don't know, it's become somewhat of a trend for a newlywed couple to destroy the bride's expensive wedding gown -- often at a beach or lake -- and capture it on film.

At least she can say she wore it more than once.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

gutsygirl

This seems such a waste.
1.) She could donate it and give another bride a beautiful gown she could not afford or
2.) She could save it for her own daughter to wear someday.

wess

obviously she can *********** a radiator hose

Darogr

What a silly, selfish ritual.
Donate the dress stupid.

magica

He did the same thing to his batting last year.

jen

what is worse? another race jumper wedding or wasting a perfectly nice gown to greed? ......

Machelle

So much for
recycling, just
throw it into a
landfill.
Not impressed.

MichelleWW

An amazing photographer I know (Kyle Hepp - look her up!) does this with her clients and until I saw the pics, I thought it was so crazy to "ruin" the dress. It makes for some fun photos!

Az Heat

I can't even comment on how stupid this but I will say the comments I read are all very true and hilarious!!

Twilightstar

Wasteful, wasteful. Someone spends a fortune on their wedding, buys the most beautiful dress they can find and then proceeds to destroy it. Sell it to someone else, give it to charity, whatever. When I see stuff like this this it makes me wonder how long a marriage will last for someone this trifling.

Isatou

Americans are just spoil rotten. I bet that dress cost over $3000, there are people who cannot afford a single meal a day. Donate the damn dress.

neglky

Is there a manual for white women on how to catch a rich *****. Black women cant even compete

She's baaaack

I don't see the point to that but everyone who gets married near water is doing it these days. Does anyone know what that symbolizes?

Sonya

That has to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard!!!! SMH

Az Heat

It's very obvious that these two could care less about anyone in need or giving the dress to a woman that could really use it. I say if they don't care about others why should we care about them!?! It just goes to show you ignorant they both are! Even if they read all of these comments it still wouldn't bother them.

Mary P

What a way to be wasteful. I can't imagine how many women would love to have even the hint of a gown at their wedding day that they could have donated this to.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments