Danny DeVito & Rhea

'We're Still Together'

12/5/2012 2:08 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

120512_danny_devito_launch
Danny DeVito and Rhea Perlman are actively trying to save their marriage ... so says Danny.

DeVito revealed the status of his 30-year marriage at an event in L.A. this week -- after "Extra" correspondent Jerry Penacoli asked how he was adjusting to life as a single man.

"It's not something you adjust to," DeVito said ... adding, "Rhea and I are really close. Actually, still together, just separate, but together.”

When asked if there was a chance of a reconciliation, Danny revealed, "We're working on it."

DeVito and Perlman separated back in October ... but appeared at an airport together a few weeks ago ... the first sign that their marriage still has a chance.

Fingers crossed.

Wow ...

Whatever makes them happy.

Toallthehatersoftheworld

Might as well 30 years is a long time

LadyScarlett

I hope they can work it out.

Jennyy

You are both good people. 30 years is too long to walk away from. I hope you stay on the "true love" side of Hollywood.

LunarJunk

I'm rooting for them!

Majestik

They are old school, like myself. I've had 30 years too. We come from the era of working it out even if a separation needs to happen. Divorce is an ugly thing and after that long (plus 10 years of dating) you don't just walk away like couples nowadays.

TruthBTold

Aww, I hope they can work it out. I can't picture either one of them with anybody else!

Majestik

Um, TMZ, If this was reported this week on extra, how is that "BREAKING NEWS?" How about just putting up, "LOOK WHAT WE FOUND FROM ANOTHER SITE" on the thread?

LISA

Still together, just separate? Maybe they live in separate areas of the house or separate houses and are dating LOL? Whatever the situation, I wish them both the best.

Stacy

Hoping the best for both of them. I have enjoyed watching them in Movies and TV shows. I'm a big fan of Matilda. There personal relationship with one another, is not something I can make a judgement on.

seamus

Good to hear. I hope they stay together, they always seemed happy and well adjusted.

Laura

Awesome!

Gretel

That's a good thing for him. I don't know much about Ms Pearlman but Danny DeVito always seemed kind of creepy on talk shows and he's very, very short. Without her he's ripe for the picking for a "club hostess" who just happens to get pregnant to him. You know it was going to happen.

IceGypsy

You can tell by the smile on his face when he's talking about being with her that there is still hope. After 30 years they prob just need a lil alone time. We all do once in a while.

bennettjill

I'm so happy they are still trying- made my day!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments