« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Jovan Belcher 911

'I Don't Know How Many Times He Shot Her'

12/5/2012 5:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1205_jovan_launch

Jovan Belcher
's mother frantically called 911 moments after the Kansas City Chiefs football player shot his girlfriend Kasandra Perkins multiple times Saturday morning ... pleading with the operator to send help ASAP while Jovan's newborn baby cried hysterically in the background.

During the call, Jovan's mother told the operator "Oh my God. Oh my God, Cassie ... The baby is crying ... get the ambulance here please!"

She continued "She is still breathing but barely. Please hurry. I don't know how many times he shot her. They were arguing."

The 911 operator asked if Kasandra was bleeding -- Belcher's mother replied, "Yes she is."

Kasandra was rushed to a nearby hospital where she was later pronounced dead.

As for Belcher, he drove to the Kansas City Chiefs football facility at Arrowhead Stadium and shot himself in the head in front of team staff.

The baby is now in the custody of Belcher's mother.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Theresa

Horrifying. Pray for that little baby.

Jmc

You should take this off, you have no decnency. That's someone's granddaughter crying, that's someones daughter laying there, all you give a **** about is how may ppl read your site and how many hits you get. This makes me sick. Leave this family alone. They've suffered enough.

eric

Belcher is a POS. I hope his soul rots in hell!!!!!

Don Martin

I am against gun control in general. However, Federal law prevents someone convicted of a domestic violence crime from ever possessing a handgun - FOREVER. Even if it is a misdemeanor conviction. Now, just like O.J. Simpson, here is a guy with a history of domestic violence issues and no one had the guts to ever charge this rock star. If just one prosecutor had filed charges and convicted Belcher he would be playing football today rather than burning in hell. Don't outlaw guns. Outlaw lazy prosecutors - we have hundreds of them in this country and they are much more dangerous.

Greygoose125

That poor child should be with the mother's family, and not with the family of her mother's murderer.

BeckyBoo

So sad. At least the baby is safe. My heart breaks for both of their families.

TiffC

Some bitches got to learn respect the hard way.

Jannie

Is not that the paternal grandma won't be able to raise that kid in a loving environment. It's the fact that the child will have to live with the knowledge that her father killed her mom and she is living under the same roof (figuratively speaking) as the man who turned her into an orphan. Psychologically, that could be devastating for that child. She should be with Kassie's family and allowed to have contact with her father's side of the family who are also innocent victims.

Luke

All murder-suicide should be suicide-murder. If you want to go, go. Kill yourself. Then worry about the other person. "You can't talk to me like that..." Perhaps if he had been spoken to "like that" about his actions when he was younger he might have built some character and self esteem and not turned murderer. He was just another thug but he was able to play football so they helped him hide it for a few years longer. Athletics before academics. Penn State anyone?

Tammy

Because A__S___S___H__O__L__E__S like you continue to breathe?

Demetra

Arnie, this has more to due with other issues besides anger. This man obviously had other mental health issues going on. FYI all races have "angry" people. No group of people is "always so angry.". Pull back on your stereotype a bit. You sound silly.

Gretel

Why did his mother get custody of that baby. Does she have no maternal family? Is this like a do-over since the mother must have done a stellar job in teaching her son to respect women?

Cookie

@ arnie

Nuckinnfutzz

I can not believe I actually listened to this. Shame on me. REMOVE this TMZ. It's really just awful. I implore you. What a travesty and sad sad sad..that poor little baby. That really made me cry. So sad.

dierdre

Dying was too easy for this COWARD....I pray for her family....What distorted CREEP does this anyway? This poor baby..My prayers are with the families. Terrible, terrible tragedy...(sad)..

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments