'Music Man' Actress

Dead at 74

12/5/2012 10:05 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1204_susan_luckey_01
Susan Luckey – who famously played the role of Mayor Shinn's daughter Zaneeta in the 1962 classic “The Music Man” – passed away at her L.A. home early Thursday morning at the age of 74 … this according to her daughter Shayna Reynolds.

Reynolds tells TMZ that her mother – real name Suzanne Douglas -- hadn't been suffering from any long-term illness ... explaining that her death was "just old age."

We're told Susan didn’t want a traditional funeral -- instead, her body was cremated and the remains placed in a "decorative box" where other family members have been laid to rest.

Besides her role in "The Music Man," Luckey starred alongside Shirley Jones in the 1956 film “Carousel” … and was one of the Native Americans in the original Broadway production of “Peter Pan.”

R.I.P.
 1205-Susan-Luckey-music-man-2010

BellaBoo

omgosh that second picture just breaks my heart! May she rest in peace.

MADE MAN

Since when was 74 years not an old age??? Many people don't make it to see their 70th birthday. Some are fortunate to live longer than others but she was blessed to see 74

thestupid

What a sweet woman :)
Enjoy the next dimension my dear.

Gustav LaFong

She turned into a Keebler elf.

cire

seriously thought it was Zelda Rubinstein when I saw the photo.R.I.P.

Joanne

I'm sorry; I don't believe it was simple old age. One does not die of old age at 74 anymore, and haven't for 40 years. Perhaps the family does not want to disclose the cause of death, and that is just fine. But they should just say so and not try to tell the rest of us that at 74 we can possibly die of old age. That is looney.

JK

Thank you for remembering a very dear friend. She was a joy to be with and was so very full of life. I shall miss her greatly. She was an amasing talent. I am a better person for knowing her.

Crystal

I work in a hospital- believe me.. not everybody ages the same.lol

blueyes

A very pretty Lady as a young woman and as an older woman. Her face looks as if she was a very sweet Lady.

fit4ufor3rd

74 isnt that old

AJ

Sincere condolences to her family and friends.

Janis

I want to make a comment about Gary Cole and the role he played as a serial killer but was a high ranking military leader. I think he did great in that difficult role that many men would have turned down.

The young female detective was horrible and I hope I never see her again with her smug look, know it all behaviour, and they way she presented herself. I cannot stand her.

Janis

I had not idea that Dave nor Larry had passed away nor their ages. They gave us much good entertainment.

bruisedlee

aww she was very pretty. i have a pet bunny so seeing that photo of her with the stuffed rabbit just tugged at my heartstrings...

NoBozo

Loved her performance in The Music Man. "Golly, gee!"
RIP lovely lady.