Kate Middleton

The Corporate Race

TO THE FETUS!

12/6/2012 1:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1205-kate-middleton-tmz-getty
Kate Middleton
is only a few weeks pregnant ... but already being SHOWERED with lavish gifts from tons of baby product companies ... all gunning for what could be the HOLY GRAIL of preggo publicity.

TMZ has learned ... Kate has already received swanky goodie-baskets from at least 4 U.S.-based baby product companies ... and presumably dozens, if not hundreds, more from around the globe.

The logic is simple ... Kate likes the goods ... uses goods ... is photographed with goods ... goods get WORLDWIDE publicity ... company makes a bloody fortune.

So far, we know Kate been sent kiddy learning programs from MyTalkingToddler.com ... morning sickness relief from a company called One Step Ahead ... and clothes and products from 2 high end L.A. baby boutiques.

We spoke to a rep for Bel Bambini in Beverly Hills ... who told us they sent Kate a $2,300 gift basket which included a new Bugaboo Cameleon 3 stroller (worth $978), a Fendi layette set ($265), Dior Booties ($275) and much much more.

1205-kate-middleton-swag-gallery
Kate also got more than $1,000 in free baby swag from Flicka -- a high-end baby store owned by "General Hospital" star John Reilly. Management tells us they shipped over their "hot selling Choo Choo blankies" which have been worn by a whole bunch of celeb babies.

Guess Kate can cancel the baby shower ... unless Queen Elizabeth's just DYING to play "Guess the Due Date."

Liz

I suspect they will end up donating these items to a hospital or social service agency.

oink

They should have got tons of FREE Condoms !!!!

KathyS

Those gifts will be returned or donated. BE SURE to publicize THAT TMZ. Poor couple will be hounded to death now. For me ..they seem to be stable and as down to earth as a rich/royalty could be. I know simile young couples and it gives hope to me when I see kids being raised properly..meaning kind and responsible.

manbearpig

i heard that she is having a butthole baby and she and prince billy are calling it honey poo-poo.

LISA

It's pretty tacky to send baby gifts after finding out (via a crank call from a radio station no less) Kate is in the hospital with complications from her pregnancy. In fact, it's tacky period if the only motive is free advertising.

I think Kate will probably donate everything she gets from these companies.

girlshark

Money money money money

get real

Sounds like she is only a Month preggers!

Nicoleasm

Even more simple logic: Kate likes good, realizes she filthy rich, decides to donate gifts to shelters and charitable organizes, companies then realize they've inadvertently done something good

Allupinyourearhole

All these "high end" companies give the people that cA

cheryl

John Reilly was actually a One Life to Live star...

The New Improved Sock Puppet

TMZ - If I was into such stuff I'd be flogging myself for punishment for having made a habit of your ridiculously adolescent bit of pap website run by the more moronic ass_holes on the planet.

Observer999

They are going to send all this unsolicited stuff to charities. American companies need to learn that these two are NOT the Kardashian trollops.

manbearpig

i know that i am the one that makes this site so popular and successful. TMZ .........it is time you start paying me for all the wonderful, funny stuff i bring to this site.

LISA

It’s obvious this article is a paid advertisement for these companies. Imagine that? TMZ is spamming on their own site.

Johanne

I am very happy for the Royal couple, congratulations to both of you! BUT I wonder why do anyone gives so many EXPENSIVE gift to someone that can buy you and sell you back on credit? I think that the Royal family could afford a stroller of $968 and all the other things the've been given but that's just me. Again I am very happy for the couple and I am sure that Will and Kate thinks the same thing as I do since they are in so many charities!
Princess, take care of yourself and enjoy your pregnancy, it's just wonderful to have such a miracle growing in to us woman!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments