Australian DJs

Ducking for Cover

12/7/2012 8:56 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1207-michael-mel-dj-twitter
The two Australian DJs at the center of the Kate Middleton hospital prank have gone RADIO SILENT since news broke that the nurse at the hospital committed suicide ... TMZ has learned.

The DJs are under serious fire after pulling off a stunt where they pretended to be the Queen of England (fake voice and all) and duped nurse Jacintha Saldanha into connecting them to the people treating Middleton, who revealed details about Kate's condition.

Saldanha's body was discovered early this morning ... and cops believe it's an obvious suicide.

TMZ called the Australian radio station where the DJs work ... and were told by the executive producer that the DJs will NOT be taking any calls, period.

The E.P. explained ... the DJs have been "ordered" not to speak to the media. It's unclear who issued the order.

The producer added, "I advise you to stop trying to call them."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Nancy

The DJs should take their cue from the nurse.

Gretel

I'll bet Diana is so pissed that they're doing to her son what they did to her she's going to exact some other-worldly vengeance. I'd be afraid to close my eyes.

Pudding Tang

This is a sign to do away with the joke of a monarchy.

crimsons

Yeah, real funny, right?

Laura

Ironic--their phone call ended in a suicide, but they won't let anyone call them.

Jannie

Can someone please pretend to be from the police or something and call these azzholez to tell them they've been accused of murder? See how that feels...

Kelly

People need to put their pitch forks down. The only person responsible for a suicide is the person who killed themselves.

Solaera

I can't imagine feeling so shamed that I would feel compelled to kill myself, but I can't imagine being shamed in front of the ENTIRE WORLD either. Sad.

Kelly

If Lindsay Lohan kills herself, would the posters here who mocked her and rooted for her demise be or feel responsible? I won't!

Jdest

I doubt it was suicide...

Kash511

It's no reason that these two human beings Kate

vivajeffvegas

Obviously the DJs didn't intend this, should they be villainized for the suicide? No. Should they not have done it. Yes. Can ANY of you say you've never suffered a lapse in judgement. NO! Get off your high horses! The entire story is not known and before all you self-righteous gawkers render your judgement....

Grieve for the family, they need support not this.

탑 TOP

I don't know if they're too blame. I don't know if they're not. This joke was not funny but I don't think they ever had the slightest clue that this "lighthearted" prank would be at the expense of somebody's life... Some people just have many things going on in their life and can't handle certain situations. Hope everything turns all right for everybody... Condolences for nurse's family, kate, family of radio djs... this is ****ed

Paul

First of all, if this nurse killed herself because of this phone call than she was mentally unstable to the full extent. She would have killed herself eventually. Second, if she did kill herself because of this call and was completely stable mentally than it is the royal family's fault because they make it to where people are completely terrified of them. If she was so scared that she would be sent to prison or something because she transferred a call than the royal family is just pure evil. The royal family is such a joke.

Jay W.