Notorious B.I.G.

Autopsy Report

Reveals Graphic Details

12/7/2012 7:10 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1206-notorius-b-i-g-autopsy-report-article-tmz

Christopher Wallace
sustained gunshot wounds to his chest, shoulder, leg, forearm and scrotum on the night he was murdered in L.A. back in 1997 ... this according to the never-before-seen autopsy report, just obtained by TMZ.

The report confirms Wallace -- who was listed at 6'1", 395 lbs -- was struck a total of 4 times in a drive-by shooting on Wilshire Blvd while the 24-year-old rapper sat in the passenger seat of a Chevy Suburban.

According to the report, 3 of the shots were NOT fatal.

-- Gunshot #1 struck Wallace in the left forearm and traveled down to his wrist.
-- Gunshot #2 struck Wallace in the back, missed all vital organs, and exited through his left shoulder.
-- Gunshot #3 struck Wallace on his outer left thigh and exited through his inner left thigh.

The reports says ... after Gunshot #3 exited the thigh, "the projectile strikes the left side of the scrotum, causing a very shallow, 3/8 inch linear laceration."

The fatal bullet was Gunshot #4 ... which entered Wallace's body through his right hip and ripped its way through several vital organs ... before coming to rest in his left shoulder area.

According to the report, the bullet perforated Wallace's colon, liver, heart and the upper lobe of his left lung.

1206-tmz-notorious-big-diagram
Immediately after the shooting Wallace was rushed to Cedars-Sinai Hospital -- where doctors performed an emergency thoracotomy ... but it was too late. Wallace was pronounced dead at 1:15 AM.

According to the report, all 4 of the gunshots traveled through the Suburban passenger door before striking Wallace. Two of the bullets were found on the gurney that transported Wallace to the hospital. Another bullet was discovered at the hospital when the body was turned over after doctors had pronounced him dead.

During the autopsy, the coroner listed Wallace as "morbidly obese." A toxicology test revealed Wallace had no traces of drugs or alcohol in his system at the time of his death.

Wallace's body was eventually ID'd by his mother and wife.

One last thing ... on one of the pages of the autopsy report, there is a note scribbled under the headline "Other Pertinent Information" which reads: "Decedent may be rap singer."

Wallace was 24.

1207_remembering_notories_big_biggie_smalls_footer

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Brian

Why on earth would you rehash this after so long?

Criss

I forgot he was so young!

Seriously

Old news tmz

DiM

RIP.
Is TMZ searching through years old autopsy reports now? I thought interfering in child custody cases was your new thing?

Angel Morado

One of the best rappers of all time! Though in my book he's the best. Miss you Big with your story telling lyrical rhymes.

LunarJunk

Damn when I was a little kid 24 was so old to me. He was so young. R.I.P Big

just because

its about time...who do i sue..

just because

troublesome 96

just because

is levin a 2pac fan and charles a biggie fan... it would not surprise me at all

GimmeGucciDOTorg

Birthdays was the worst days-now we sip champagne when we thirstay-Ya damn right I like the life I live, cuz I went from negative to Positive and it's allll good! RIP Biggie!!!! 2pac and Big gone waaaaaaay too soon. They died and cash money/no limit took over. Hasn't been the same since.

Diamond Goddess!

I've always enjoyed his music.

thebigalphamale

damn... brings back some memories... rap phenomenon.. I sure do miss his lyrical story-telling

Kobe_No_Means_No

a

Truth

UMM, WHAT'S THE F*CKING POINT OF BRINGING THIS UP NOW??? THERE'S NOTHING UNUSUAL HERE. UNLESS THERE'S NEW TEA THAT REQUIRES A NEW AUTOPSY STOP PRETENDING TO EDUCATE ANY1 UNDER 25. SLOW NEWSDAY?? #TRUTH!!

BellaJ

I'm sure his family members are thrilled you have published this sensitive, and IMO private information. Just bc you can TMZ, doesn't mean you should!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments