Jenni Rivera

Dies in

Plane Crash

12/9/2012 6:38 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1209-jenni-rivera-gettyJenni Rivera died early this morning in Mexico after the plane she was flying on crashed shortly after takeoff, leaving no survivors. She was 43.

Rivera's father and brother confirmed her death on Telemundo.

Four other passengers and two pilots were also aboard the plane. It was headed from Monterrey to Toluca, after Rivera performed in Monterrey on Saturday night.

Mexico's transportation ministry says the plane lost contact with radar at 3:15 AM, approximately 61 miles from Monterrey.

Rivera was named one of the 25 most powerful women by People en Español and reportedly signed on recently to do a comedy pilot for ABC. She has sold over 20 million albums worldwide.

1209-jenni-rivera-years

beatriz aguilar

R.I.P JENNI

Dino

She works hard for the money all her life ... very sad way to die !

mlz1425

Such tragedy... She was such an inspiration to all LATINO american woman. May she now RIP...

Que Dios te tenga en su santa mano... Descansa en paz... Mis condolencias más Profundas para la familia Rivera.

Karinaaovoxo

R.I.P Jenni Rivera <3 wasn't really a fan of her music but was really a fan of her show. She's such a nice beautiful loving person. Such a great mother ! There was hard times for her in life but she was such a strong woman who went ahead with her family and brought them up in life! She was such an Amazing mother and an amazing role model for others! She helped a lot of people with cancer she was such a giving and loving women ! I think in life she deserved everything she had ! In life she started from the bottom and worked her way up! She has a lot of fan heart she was such a talented women so much going for life ! Not only did she win a lot of Latin people's hearts but she lived that American life and won American hearts as well . WE LOVE YOU RIVER! Rest in Peace you will be Loved and Never Forgotten! <3 1969-2012 :(

sylmatic

This is do sad. Not a fan of the music, but I admire anyone with realness, and she had it.

Star<3decell

I<3Jenni

bob

Popping out five kids with three husbands and a 2 times grandma by 41 . Yeah .... that's a role model!

brianastreeter

This is so tragic. I am not familiar with her music but my condolences go to the family and those close to her. R.I.p. ms.rivera

patty

R.I.P Jenny rivera simpre t vamos a llevar en nuestros corazones

Pootytootie

I wonder if God has Border Patrol?

PT

you don't fly "on" a plane. this ain't the flintstones; flying on the back of a pterodactyl. en englais - you fly IN the plane.

me

She left 5 children behind and yet some of you still think it's cute to joke about her death? You guys are all going to get a lump of coal in your stocking this year.

iliana17

As a close friend of the family I got info last nite that there was she was alive...plz we r asking not to post she is dead until we find her body or her...

foosheezoo

people are saying she's alive.

foosheezoo

People are saying she's alive, theres this picture of a tweet she sent. and I dunno if it's real or not.