Jenni Rivera

Dies in

Plane Crash

12/9/2012 6:38 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1209-jenni-rivera-gettyJenni Rivera died early this morning in Mexico after the plane she was flying on crashed shortly after takeoff, leaving no survivors. She was 43.

Rivera's father and brother confirmed her death on Telemundo.

Four other passengers and two pilots were also aboard the plane. It was headed from Monterrey to Toluca, after Rivera performed in Monterrey on Saturday night.

Mexico's transportation ministry says the plane lost contact with radar at 3:15 AM, approximately 61 miles from Monterrey.

Rivera was named one of the 25 most powerful women by People en Español and reportedly signed on recently to do a comedy pilot for ABC. She has sold over 20 million albums worldwide.

1209-jenni-rivera-years

LK

NO DISRESPECT
NEVER HEARD OF THIS WOMAN B4 2DAY
SO RIP 2 ALL 7 VICTIMS & THEIR FAMILIES

Domenic562

Who cares she was terrible and a bum

Casandra(caki)

Jenni will be missed along with her friends that were with her, RIP we love you. She was always an angel, know an angel with wings.

LK

Y CLDN'T IT HAVE BEEN KIM K IN THAT PLANE INSTEAD ???
Y O Y O Y ???? LOL

Observer999

OH, c'mon, TMZ. Have you EVER had an item on this woman, who I've never heard of (just like I hadn't heard of Selena until she died). Okay, great, she was big in Mexico - huge, even - but like so many of your articles lately, they are people at least 50% of your audience has never heard of.

rantale

Rip Jennie..and much love to chaqis and the little ones..you were always there for your brothers and sisters hour mother has and will always proud of. You for looking after the family..God be with you chaqis.....xoxo

Peace and Freedom Guy

I was so hoping for a miracle...or maybe there would only be minor injuries...so sad to hear this, especially with ANYONE so young. : ( R.I.P. Jenni

CypherTerrorist

Lmao ..Mexicans can't fly

Deviant

OMG... So, so sad. R.I.P. Jenni. My prayers go out to her family, and families of all those who were lost.

Domenic562

Lol she wound up like a sausage lol

o_O

All i got to say is that I never really followed her music...but even though I am not a fan, I think it is way wrong and disgusting how people can be so disrespectful to someone who passed away, or to say they even wished it was Kim. If you dont like them, then good, but dont write hateful things

Sonix

Shocking and Heartbreaking :/

Domenic562

She died call of duty style lol. She was a joke anyway.

Lmao

R.I.P. Jenni, LA REINA DE BANDA!!!

Joy

Who is this chick and why is it on this website?