Aussie DJ

Bragged About Royal Prank

BEFORE Nurse Suicide

12/9/2012 2:17 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1209-royal-mel-greig-tmzThe Australian DJ who pretended to be Queen Elizabeth II in a prank phone call ... BRAGGED about her accomplishment on Facebook ... right before the nurse who answered the call committed suicide.

TMZ obtained a screenshot of Mel Greig's Fbook page taken Friday evening in Australia ... a.k.a. BEFORE news broke that Jacintha Saldanha -- the nurse duped by Greig and her co-host -- had been found dead in London.

The post reads ... "Why is it that I can impersonate the queen to get private royal information but no one believes I'm the queen for a free champagne whilst out?"

Greig attached a pic to the post -- of herself and another chick, smiling and hanging out at a bar.

We reached out to Mel's rep for comment ... who said (again), "No one could have ever predicted the tragic sequence of events that followed the prank call."

As TMZ previously reported ... Greig and her co-host Michael Christian shut down their Facebook and Twitter pages immediately after the nurse's death -- and suspended their gig at the station.

Previous 15 Comments | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14

Rattlesnake Jake

All the elements of conspircay -She didn't commit suicide - she got murdered for giving medical info about "royal" family.

Shawn

Life is not all fun and games, it's serious business. Despite how many seem to want to make it fun and games, tragedy will always eventually follow. After all, we live in a balanced universe. You can't have the good without the bad. It just doesn't work that way.

STEPHEN Bondura

I have said it before one persons plank is another persons nightmare.

George

They got what they deserved, no job, a blot on their resume, and hopefully, jail time!

Jeanenne Tonatore, Orbitz.com

If I were one of the D.J.s I would have been absolutlely non-remorseful.

I would have said that it is my job to be entertaining and I was doing the best I could.

Suicide is an act of cowardice. It always hurts those left behind. This is no exception to that rule.

Ken

I still don't understand why she committed suicide. So she took a call at the hospital for a patient who happened to be Kate Middleton and directed the call . . . so what?

JustSaying

Stop saying that the nurse had psychological issues. She was made a fool in front of the whole world. She probably would have gotten fired and no one would hire her after that. Add depression and embarrasment. One small thing you do that you think is HARMLESS can be 100X HARMFUL to another.

Mikey

why are people saying it was 'just' a prank? Why would you phone a hospital that is breaking their backs to ensure the welfare and safety of the future queen of England and the future future king or queen of England? Imagine if that was your mother, sister, wife or girlfriend being so sick that she has been admitted to hospital and could potentially lose her baby and you have 2 divs trying to mock them or get them out of bed to answer the phone - would it be just a 'prank' then? I am all for a prank but prank call the local car dealership and ask if they can deliver your pizza not someone who could potentially lose her baby and the future queen of England none the less. People who say it was 'just a prank' clearly havent got the brain cells to realize the importance of this. This lady probably felt so much pride to be looking after Kate in the first place and then these 2 morons decided to promote the fact that this lady almost failed at her job and lapsed on security to the entire world making her a laughing stock and potentially ruining her career in the process. Think next time you say it was 'just a prank'.

mls415

Who kills them self over a prank call? Family of victim appealing to public...really? If the DJ's haven't embarrassed this virtually unknown woman enough, let the world know what kind of nut job she was. Good job!

Steve Hill

If the receptionist had been English the prank would not have got off the ground. It is the most abysmal take off ever. When I heard it I knew within three to four words that it was fake - reminded me of the Dick Van Dyke ****ney - toe curling

Previous 15 Comments | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14