Shannen Doherty 911 Call

Hi, I'm Famous ...

And My Fan's Suicidal

12/9/2012 7:17 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

120712_doherty_911_launch
Shannen Doherty
 had NO IDEA how to explain to a 911 dispatcher why she was calling from across the country to report a suicide threat -- after a NJ fan threatened to kill herself on Twitter last month -- so she settled on the "I'm an actress" routine ... and TMZ has the audio.

TMZ broke the story ... Shannen phoned police in Westhampton Township after receiving several disturbing messages from the fan on Twitter.

In the call, Doherty says, "This is going to sound incredibly strange ... my name is Shannen Doherty and I'm an actress. I'm on Twitter, sadly, and there is a girl that is threatening to shoot herself and she lives somewhere over there."

As we reported, officers were dispatched to the fan's home following Shannen's call -- and were able to confirm the fan was okay. According to the WTPD, officers met with the fan (a 27-year-old woman) who said she had no intentions of actually harming herself.

As for the rest of the 911 call, it's pretty standard -- except for the very end, when the dispatcher breaks character to tell Shannen how his co-workers are obsessed with her.

Don't hear that often.

Bamby

She did what any decent moral human would do. I question the mental stability of the gal that put the suicidal comment out there. Serious 27 years old, You would have thought that her teenage years would be in her past. Looking for attention or not, She needs help if this is her way of getting any attention at all.

ttrichechap

At least she cared enough to call the police.

Really

Famous or not...no one should be objected to threats of any kind! But if you are 'famous' I guess you are supposed to get special treatment. What about the abused women who call the police and are told 'sorry they haven't done anything yet so we can't help you'! Again, regardless of who you are threats should always be taken seriously!

Mee

The man that felt sorry for her and tried to help her has been long gone, ever since its been OVER!!
The half a dozen people that knew her are the ones slapped or beaten up
SO GO BACK AND ADVERTISE THOSE ONE ROOM SCHOOLS

gtsj

The writers of this story should be embarrassed for writing such tabloid trash. Kudos to Ms. Doherty for doing the right thing.

Sabrina

So you're headline apparently mocks her for calling the police to save someone. And the downside of this is???

Daniel Thrasher

Can someone PLEASE fire this dispatcher for being a complete deuschbag of a habitual mouth breather and doing it into the ****ING HEADSET the whole damn time...

heidi4498

Wow..TMZ is being a fcktard trying to make.this.into.some bull**** Kate Middleton scandal....Kudos idiots.....she did a good thing.

bon

She did a good thing

me

I think it was VERY cool that Shannon cared enough to try and save a perfect stranger's life! Two very high thumbs up.

jessica

It's actually Westampton township.... no H. I live there and would love to know who this person is!

Vinny

Ya...TMZ proves how low they can go with that stupid headline. Someone does something good and all they do is sensationalize and slander.

The Mom

Just to clear the air my daughter has down syndrome and did not understand the consequences of her actions. Quite frankly I never addressed the situation before because I thought it would blow over. Now that Shannen has gotten her five minutes of fame,she neglected to share with the public my daughters handicap,that she has no access to guns, and she merely is admittedly an over zealous fan thats only dream was to get to meet or talk to Shannen. A real hero would have followed through when she found out the above information but like a true Hollywood story, don't believe everything you read!!!

The Mom

Jamiejame

Can he breathe any harder? Pig.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments