Charlie Sheen

Drops $75,000

To Obliterate Lil Girl's Cancer

12/11/2012 6:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1210-charlie-sheen-eddie-braun-tmzHey everyone, wanna hear a really nice Charlie Sheen story? Great ... 'cause the actor just cut a massive $75,000 to help a little girl fight cancer.

TMZ has learned ... Charlie was recently having a conversation with a Hermosa Beach police officer (don't worry he was not being arrested) and learned about a cop whose 10-year-old daughter Jasmine had been diagnosed with Childhood Rhabdomyosarcoma.

FYI -- CR is a nasty form of cancer that occurs in the muscle tissue and requires over a year of expensive medical treatments like chemo and radiation therapy.

We're told ... Charlie told the officer, "No parent should have to watch their kid go through that" ... and vowed to help.

The next day Charlie fired off a check for $75,000 to the Hermosa Beach Police Assoc. -- which had started a fund in Jasmine's honor.

And there's more ... Charlie's stunt-double Eddie Braun also chipped in --and cut a check for an additional $25,000 ... which is almost more impressive, since he doesn't even make a fraction of what Charlie makes.

We're told the family is extremely grateful for the donation and is hopeful his actions will inspire others to join the fight against CR.

1210-charlie-sheen-eddie-braun-getty

Carla

Charlie, we to have a 5 year old granddaughter who has leukemia. In one short year my son and daughter in law have spent All of their savings and more just for treatment with almost 6 years to go. And to top it all off my son just lost his job last week due to down sizing, and along with his job went their health Ins.
I'm sure that Jasmines' family is grateful. I hope your act of kindness will rub off on some of (more money than God) friends to do the same

Shirley

Anyone elase think it is weird that "Charlie's " check is dated four days later than the stunt double's check? Itis actually dated for tomorrow. Also there is no address on the check, no one is going to take a check without an address, I don't care if he is famous or not. I don't think this really happened. It is the kind of thing he would do but I don't think it happened

Alyssa

I wish more celebs did this.

Michelle

Whatever his motive, he did an extremely kind act for this child. awesome!

JennyLH

That was very selfless, of both of them. That could help that family so very much.

Titoburrito

Stand up guy that crazy Charlie Sheen.

Christine

Um, am I the only one who noticed the date on Charlie's check?

jewels1678

Who cares when he wrote the check he wrote it as crazy as Charlie is he has always been very kind when it comes to donating money for good causes now the Lindsay check I don't know lol

BOBCAT

Its really irelevant why he did this .Its the correct thing to do if in his position in life to help .Its not like he isnt in the finacial aspect gain sure like every one the pays taxes right offs are expected on large donations to charities .notice the names on the checks he isnt donating directly to the child but to the assoc.so these funds arent to be used by her family alone but the whole charity profits from it.

Samantha

I think that is wonderful .=) "Pocket Account" and Patrick from Spongebob checks saweet ! =P

BOBCAT

invert the purpose of check it says faulk off lmao

Dean

the handwritting is very similar the ph the ff the 2

EastCoastChopper

I like the penmanship on the check ! It looks like how I write a check for $38 dollars when I pay my water bill.

Sheen does have tiger-blood!

jo

Why not just give the money to the family directly? I'm sure he and his family and other celebs have made similar donations maybe to help but more so to ensure special treatment when needed. Just like pit bull beat em down Olivier Martinez and why he walked away free of charges after beating the father of his girlfriends child to a bloody mess. Olivier and Chris Brown should be friends.

ragu4u

Hey TMZ...do the math. Even a fraction of what Charlie makes is still enough to put the stunt double in that 1% category so 25 Large isn't really THAT large. Ya feel me?