Lindsay Lohan

Facing 8 Months

In Jail

12/11/2012 12:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1022_linday_lohan_tmz_3
Lindsay Lohan is exactly one day away from having her probation revoked ... and the end game could be 245 days in the slammer ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources connected with her most recent case tell TMZ ... when Lindsay is arraigned Wednesday for allegedly lying to cops and reckless driving in connection with her car accident last June ... the judge will revoke her probation in the jewelry heist case and set a date for a hearing to formally decide if Lindsay violated the terms of her probation by breaking the law again.

We're told the hearing will be conducted at the same time Lindsay stands trial on the criminal charges.  And get this -- even if Lindsay is found not guilty in the criminal case, the judge can still rule she violated her probation because the standard of proving a probation violation is significantly lower than proving guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

The stakes for Lindsay are high -- up to 8 months in jail, and that doesn't include jail time if she's convicted in the car accident case.

Sources tell us ... the L.A. City Attorney is "out for blood" and they will file papers Wednesday asking that Lindsay's probation be revoked.  Fact is ... the judge does it on her own ... the prosecutors don't even have to ask for it, but their voice will certainly be heard.

melp1825

8 months in LA time that's 3 hours!

Rob

This gal needs a shake up and jail might change her life and bring her back to reality.

She will find Allah and He will rescue her from her oppressors. Allah is strong and powerful. He will destroy his enemies from the face of this earth.

Geraldyn

after all of the dwi's and car wrecks.. only 8 months?!?!?! and you know she will probably only ser 86 minutes due to "over-crowding"

billybob

Bla, Bla....listen TMZ: without celebrity justice there would be no celebrities around, at least not outside of jail. Fact is, we need celebrity justice otherwise TMZ must rename to PZ...

Celebs behaving badly

Nicole=C Word:

et Voila

Pookie

Why is the City Attorney "out for blood"? Give me a break. This girl is small time compared to murderers, gang bangers and rapist that need to be locked up. She will be locked up soon enough by the Fed for tax evasion anyway.

Chuck D of Valpo

Will California pay for her private jet when she goes there to do her "hard" time? They better and they better have the bar stocked.

Andyconda

before she had one grand theft charge and a VOP..Now she is facing four charges a VOP..and IRS Tax Evasion to boot..
Damn this is a good year for her.
an Nicole there is violence involved

Celebs behaving badly

Hearing for PV is in two weeks

Suzy Q

California is a revolving door justice system. (come on vacation, leave on probation)

If this was Georgia, she'd be on a chain gang for 25 years for lying to LE. Don't believe me? just watch the "Lock up" series on MSNBC sometime. These guys are in for life for stealing a loaf of bread.

svt

In LA that means she'll be out before lunch. Due to overcrowding issues...total bs.....

Maren Lane 11

yeah rt, more like 2 days, tops! Such bull****!

LLsez

In a waiting room today, I picked up a US Weekly mag and read the Blo, "It's My Last Chance", interview from just a few weeks ago:
_________________________________________

Love and Oscars: “I’m not focused on that yet. I want to do a ton of movies first. After I win an Oscar, I can start thinking about love. I think there are a lot of directors and producers who know I’m a good actress. I just want them to get past the misconception that I’m not reliable, because I am. I’m going to make them believe in me again.”
___________________________________

…as I'm reading, an ad for a car dealership in south New Jersey came on the radio…"We are heading toward a fiscal cliff faster than Lindsay Lohan running to a liquor store!" Everyone in the waiting room burst out laughing.

elysummers

How long is that in California DOC time?