'Storage Wars'

Lawsuit Claims

Show is RIGGED

12/11/2012 10:35 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

1211-dave-hester-tmz-complaint
"Storage Wars" -- the hit A&E show -- is deceiving viewers by making it seem contestants are bidding on unseen items, when the best goods are actually planted inside ... this according to a lawsuit obtained by TMZ.

The lawsuit -- filed by the former star, David Hester -- claims he was axed when he complained to producers about the alleged rigging practices.

Hester claims in one case producers planted a BMW mini car under a pile of trash.  In another case, Hester alleges producers planted a pile of old newspapers that announced the death of Elvis.  For some reason, that's a valuable commodity.

And Hester goes on ... claiming the show even gave less than photogenic cast members money for plastic surgery to "create more sex appeal."

Hester claims in the suit he was wrongfully terminated because he blew the whistle.

But Dan Dotson -- the guy behind the show's auction company -- disagrees, telling TMZ, every unit seen on the show is legit and has a seal on it before they open it ... making it impossible for A&E to tamper with the units before filming begins.

Dan adds, “We only sell legitimate units on Storage Wars. Every unit goes through a 64-day legal process and no one has access to units prior to auction.”

A rep for A&E tells TMZ, "We do not know about a lawsuit being filed and we do not comment on pending or threatened litigation."

dmrose111

His ass should of been fired a long time ago!! Arrogant moron!!

Sally

I used to watch this show BUT very soon realised that it must be rigged in some way.It can still be interesting to see how much stuff is worth but duping the viewer is not on is it ?

jessica

glad he's gone. now, give darrell a bath & send him on his way too.

Linda Pyffer

Glad to see the Yup man gone.....thank you Storage Wars for the Christmas gift,

Snipper

Thanks Dave, I always wondered why none of the backround people ever won the bids, I guess it's because that's all they are is backround people, but if it's already pre determined who's going to win the bid then I'm not watching anymore, I have lost faith and interest in a fake show that they claim is real, at least with some of the other shows they tell you up gront that it's based on real stories, this is now just Bull S**T.

Lou

DUH!? Anybody who thinks any of those "Reality" tv shows about auctions and things are real?. Anybody who knows they have something worth value in a storage isnt going to leave it unless they have too, and thats not 90% of people who rent storage units.

Moca

Uh Duh the show is fake!

madeline

Is storage wars rigged? Yuuuup!

dcdjr123

I am so glad he is gone. He is the true definition of the Napolean complex.

Danielle Mizell

He just mad cause he finally got fired for been a *******

Steve

You mean that all of those beloved, must see, adorable, mind rotting, designed for the average idiot reality shows are rigged?! My, what shall become of Honey " Doo Doo" once she's exposed?

hahaha

YUUUPPPPPPPPPPP

brian

guess who found those elvis newspapers? Did you not profit big time david off the find?

gail

I HAPPEN TO LIKE DAVE HESTER. I WANT A T-SHIRT WITH YUPP ON THE FRONT OF IT. ALSO BARRY IS KEWL TO . HE IS SO FUNNY. I WILL STILL WATCH THE SHOW .PUT DAVE BACK ON THOUGH.

gail

WELL... I HAPPEN TO LIKE DAVE HESTER.. I WANT A T[SHIRT THAT SAYS YUPPPPPPPPPP ON IT . LOL ALSO, I LIKE BARRY TO HE IS SO FUNNY...

Previous 15 Comments | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments