Brooke Mueller

Child Services Investigates

Turns Home Upside Down

12/12/2012 12:50 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1211-tmz-brooke-mueller
The L.A. County Dept. of Children and Family Services barged into Brooke Mueller's home the night following her OD, and turned the place upside down looking for drugs ... this according to Brooke.

Brooke is telling friends, DCFS investigators showed up hours after she returned from the hospital December 7th -- as we reported, Brooke was unresponsive after taking way too much Adderall.

Brooke says investigators tore her house apart for six hours, searching for signs of drug use, but finding nothing except a lone cigarette butt on the floor of the master bathroom.

We're told DCFS grilled Brooke ... to find out if she smoked indoors with the children present. We're told Brooke told investigators she smokes in her bathroom with windows open, far from her kids.

We're told DCFS woke up her twin boys and asked them questions like, "Has mommy ever touched you?" They also checked the boys for signs of physical abuse ... again finding nothing.

As we first reported, the kids are now with Charlie's second ex-wife, Denise Richards, while Brooke's in rehab.

We're told Brooke's pissed over the way DCFS conducted the investigation --  calling it "harassing."

Frankenpussy

Damn people! Get educated and use your 4th Amendment Right to tell Child Services to get the hell off of your property! If they do not have a frickin warrant to search your home do not let them in! You do not "have" to cooperate. They just want in so they can look for some kind of evidence to use against you! I have had them show up at my home from a bogus complaint that my ex wife called in. She told them I did not have running water in my home. They told me they had to come in to see that I had water before they could close the case. I laughed and told them to go to Hell! I told them they are not coming in my house! I told them to leave my property. They did. A month later they sent a letter saying that the case was closed. The end!!!!!

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

Bullcrap, that don't do that.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

*they don't do that

Michell

I would call it looking out for those poor innocent boys! Brooke has a life most people would dream of and she puts herself and her selfish needs before anyone. Rehab 19 times! She should not have her children!!!!!!

YouDontSay

As someone who was in the legal field in Ca for over two decades I can tell you first hand...CPS or as is is now called DCFS needs to be overhauled and is one of the worst agencies I have ever ever witnessed. And I am not a Brooke fan at all!

Phishie from Philly

I love that TMZ always finds the best pictures of people.

There's a problem here

Somebody did some shoddy nasty ass dental work in filing her teeth down.

static

I would have thought the kids would go stay with Charlie.

GothamGirl

Sad! DCFS is looking in the wrong direction. Abuse has signs, but neglect doesn't, until much later in life! Take these kids already!

Georgiagirl

To my knowledge DFCS can't do that. They aren't suppose to search or ask questions outside of the scope of the allegation.

w

I don't agree what so ever with smoking, or smoking in the house but since when does CPS question someone for doing it in their own house, I think it's wrong to smoke and smoke around your Children but smoking is not illegal unfortunately and neither is doing it around anyone in your own home. They should be questioning her about other things ILLEGAL. **** ban cigarettes already.

pancake

between her and charlie sheen god help those kids

Spike

Why would you want to put your kids through that? I wouldn't want to take a chance on my kids walking on me doing drugs or walking in and finding me dead.

the_quay

Ah, Did DCFS have a warrant to search? If not, I would sue them to the moon. Those Nazis think they have no rules to abide by. Any officer of the state, who wishes to enter your home needs a warrant, without your express permission. Any State employee. Too often, they simply do what they wish. California has always been completely out of control in this way. There have been police officers and social workers who have gone to jail, lost their own homes and jobs for doing such warrantless searches and for intimidating parents into giving permission.. I hope Brooke takes them to the cleaners. Whether she has issues or not, it does not remove her rights to privacy and having her children questioned without her permission or presence, as stated by federal law.

NICSMOM

Hmmmm lets see rehab for the 17th time.....honey you have no rights at this point....and really what the hell is Charlie taking to long to take these kids away from the druggie!!! I have to say he is not any better letting this go on with the kids in her care. Secondly Denise has to be some kinda Angel to swoop in and take care of those kids....it's' not the first time she has done this!! Charlie your so lucky to have an ex like that....better in her care the Child Services....

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments