Courtney Love

"Not Amused"

by Sir Paul & Nirvana

12/12/2012 4:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1212_courtney_love_paul-mccartney_gettyWhen Nirvana reunites tonight in NYC -- with Sir Paul McCartney replacing Kurt Cobain on vocals -- Courtney Love won't be cheering ... she'll be yelling obscenities, because she's pissed about the gig.

Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic are playing at the 12-12-12 benefit concert at Madison Square Garden -- their first show together in 20 years -- but Cobain's widow tells TMZ she is "not amused" about Paul's involvement.

Courtney is clearly more of a Lennon fan, than McCartney because she added ... "Look, if John were alive it would be cool."

Love is also upset at Krist and Dave for calling tonight's show a Nirvana reunion because she says Kurt was the heart and soul of the legendary band.

For the record ... Sir Paul and the guys will be playing a brand new song they wrote together. It's unclear if they will cover classic Nirvana songs.

Stargayzing

I think Dave Grohl has accomplished quite a bit on his own. The notion that Courtney Love's approval or lack of it means something is just silly, isn't it? Stargayzing.com

DeeMaree

This isnt Nirvana reuniting. Its simply a tribute to help victims of hurricane sandy. It would be like the Beatles reuniting. Cant ever happen without the bands soul, John Lennon.

Mammaste

She's right, Kurt was Nirvana. Dave Grohl is a talent unto himself, as verified by Foo's catalog and performances, so let him just be. McCartney is using the night and situation to promote self, relevance is the commodity. As a resident of the NJ shore, grateful for Jon's help, but God, he needs a new routine.

YouDontSay

Listening to it as I write this. My My My Courtney was right!

Curious One

Ugh...why is she still talking?? Go away already.

tellmeaboutit

I hate it when someone wakes Courtney up. She's always bitchy when she gets up on the wrong side of the web, which apparently is every day.
Nobody's trying to replace Nirvana, ya crazy bitch! They're together for this benefit. I think they're thrilled to play with Paul, who wouldn't be? And I think the audience will love it, as any sane person would - with no thought of disrespecting Cobain, but instead providing entertainment for this good cause.

Cinner

Sad sad sad...she believes this benefit is about her....she is an extreme narcissist

Cherry

Seriously, I can't believe I used to look up to this bitch as a teen now...she disgusts me in every way possible....spend less money on face lifts and boob jobs and hanging around with hipster british musicians Courtney(**** in your new band is more of an idiot than Russell Brand) and focus on being a good mother to your daughter....

whyUmad

It would be soo weird to hear the lyrics "Rape me my friend" coming out of Sir Paul McCartney mouth lol Not a good cover for him

Joey

No one cares what this talentless psycho thinks.

Cathryn Mazer

It's none of her business

nikkireps

this sounds awesome!!!

oscarpopcan

she's just pissed because she gets NOTHING from the creation ...
NO COBAIN, NO ROYALTIES
HA
HA

Diamond Goddess!

Courtney Love is GROSS!!!
(LOLs!!!)

A1A

Considering that the physical evidence is overwhelming that Cobain could not have killed himself, and even senior police in Seattle have spoken on the record how they cannot believe the case is closed, and how the one guy who admitted he was paid to murder Cobain died of an unresolved murder him self shortly thereafter, it is amazing the media does not keep on questioning this Hole singer and keep her out of the news.