Antivirus Millionaire McAfee

Released in Guatemala

'I'm Going to America'

12/12/2012 2:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1212-john-mcafee-getty
John McAfee
-- the millionaire who created McAfee Antivirus software -- has been released from custody in Guatemala ... where he was arrested for allegedly entering the country illegally, while still considered a "person of interest" in a Belizean murder case.

After his release, 67-year-old McAfee told reporters, "I'm free. I'm going to America." He said he plans to catch a flight to Miami.

Guatemalan immigration officials have already escorted McAfee to the Guatemala City airport.

As we reported, McAfee has been on the run ever since he was named a person of interest in the murder of his neighbor in Belize -- where McAfee had been living for several years.

McAfee's lawyer has said returning the software mogul to Belize could effectively be a death sentence ... because McAfee "has denounced authorities."

Kelly

Nicely played Mr. McAfee. Whether he is victorious or not, Robert Duvall should play him in the movie.

MADE MAN

Belize doesn't extradite?

spokenword

You better hurry, McAfee. I think chuck Norris could play him in the movie.

gossiploveR

Cant be too hard for him to maintain the crack habit in.miami

Church Lady

If he's in the US, he'll likely be extradited back to Belize if they decide to press charges. It's not as easy to bribe officials in the US as it is in Guatemala.

ғυтυяεм ♀

Geez he looks so creepy!

dri

Return his ass to Belize...we would only be condoning a killer...he needs to face his crimes like everyone else.....rich azzole getting away with MURDER! HOPE HE DOES HAVE A REAL HEART ATTACK AND GOES STRAIGHT TO HELL! PHKN COWARD!

Mumra the Ever Living

Ummmmm TMZ - he's not "just" a millionaire. Multi-millionaire? Hundreds & Hundreds of Millions- aire Near Billionaire?
Now he will spend about 5% of his vast fortune, get a few good lawyers, and get away with the killing of another human being.

Laura

Lucky us--another rich, messed up, arrogant criminal that we get to have in America. I hope he is sent back to Belize.

Koko

I don't want that murderer in our country.

Carl

I really hope that if Belize has enough evidence to charge him that the US will extradite him. I really think he did it.

Mumra the Ever Living

Hmmmmmm, seems I was wrong. McAfee managed to go thru his hundreds of Millions faster than Lindsay Lohan could of.
He got $100 million for his software company before the millenium, then proceeded to buy all manner of useless and incredibly over priced shyte. Nic Cage could have taken lessons from him. $25 million mansions for $5 million. Enormous investments in Lehman Bros. Hedge funds - need I say more.
Looks likee this guy pizzed tru all his cash and now has "only" $4-5 million left. Not counting the solid gold bathroom fixtures, and other idiot crap.

Celeb Gossip Addict

Does he need a house sitter for his place in Belize? I'm sure he knows that if it sits empty too long squatters will move in like they have in other luxury properties there. Call me John. I'm here for you.

testify

A few officials in Guatemala just hit pay dirt. His ticket to Miami cost a pretty penny, and not to the airlines. A fool and his money are soon parted....

R. Cortez

Another rich guy gets away with murder.There is no justice for the victims of the rich.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments