Lindsay Lohan Judge

Not Big

On Jail

12/12/2012 7:02 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1212_godfrey_lohan_tmzLindsay Lohan may have done it again ... dodged a jail bullet by the luck of the judicial draw.

We broke the story ... Lindsay will be arraigned today on 3 criminal charges -- including lying to cops -- in connection with her car accident on Pacific Coast Highway last June.  We know the judge who will arraign her -- Commissioner Jane Godfrey -- will formally revoke her probation during the hearing.  As you know, she's on probation for the jewelry heist case.

The Commissioner will order a formal hearing, and if the evidence shows it's more likely than not that LiLo committed a crime, the Commish could send her to jail for as long as 245 days.

Now the good news for Lindsay.  One source very familiar with the Commish tells TMZ ... "Godfrey is not a big jail person."

Get this ... Commissioner Godfrey presides over Drug Court, in which she hears case after case involving people with serious drug cases.  Godfrey strongly favors counseling over jail, to the point she has a graduation ceremony for people who complete the program and digs into her own pocket to buy little gifts for the graduates ... like Starbucks cards.

And the Commish presides over Homeless Court ... where she deals with homeless people who have committed crimes and gets them help to rehabilitate them, instead of throwing them in jail.

Maybe Godfrey could start Night Club Court.  She does have the perfect defendant.

Previous 15 Comments | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18

mary jo

WE SHOULD ALL BE CELEBRITIES THAN NOBODY WOULD GO TO JAIL.
THIS JUDGE PROBABLY BELIEVES IN JAIL JUST NOT FOR CELEBRITIES... THIS IS NOT FAIR TO THE NORMAL CITIZEN,

Mark

Its great that this judge has a preference for rehabilitation...UNTIL THIS SKANK LOHAN KILLS SOMEONE WHILE DRIVING UNDER THE INFLUENCE!!!!

It's Dave

Yeah, because counseling has proven to be so effective with sociopaths like Lohan. Why even bother arresting the skank any longer. I'm tired of my tax dollars being wasted on this no-talent hooker. Just deport her freckled a$$.

GoodOnPaper

liberal judges = repeat offenders.

Mike

Well, that's a good judge then. I do believe there are many people who need counseling services over jail time....but then there are people like Lohan where they just don't learn the first 5 times....I hope she does go to jail for more than a few days. She needs to stay in a regular jail cell with regular inmates and get a wake up call.

tbuz

Commish. Cease with the enabling. There is a time and place for praise. This is not one of them. We the people are tired of her behavior compromising our community safety.

55vineyard

Anyone know if she is up for re-election in June, cause I live in LA and will tell all my friends and family to vote against her if she does not sentence Lindsay to some jail time. I'll also post on here when I find out. Already wrote her name down in my notebook (along with another judge) that I am keeping track of bad judges (IMO).

Sue from jersey

Judge looks fan crazed

gravity

Of course she dodged the jail time bullet she had fame on her side...fame seems to be a pass to receive huge paydays, drugs, and a license to be a total ass. Regular type people who arnt on TV and tmz pull this stuff and go to jail with years of fines court fees rehab etc totally ridiculous

TNastyFunktown

Duckie1978:

1. Did you or did you not use the N word in more then one post yesterday?
2. Did you or did you not use the term "chicken eating kook aid drinking monkies" in regards to the prison population?
3. Did you or did you not call white people who weren't racist sell outs?
4. Did you or did you not ask me what my race when, when implying that I myself was a sell out?

I'm just letting everyone know what a piece of **** you are :)

mistr_g

So get out of jail free card and free Starbucks coffee on 3 criminal charges!! Sounds legit..

pimp217

Money talks!!

Mark

I think it has been proven that programs don't work for Lohan!

Me

Who is going to be accountable if she kills someone?

Previous 15 Comments | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18