Lindsay Lohan

PROBATION REVOKED

12/12/2012 8:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1212_lindsay_lohan_article_tmz
Lindsay Lohan's probation was revoked this morning in court ... just like we told you it would be ... and the judge has now set a hearing to decide whether to lock Lindsay up for the better part of a year.

Lindsay -- who wasn't present -- was arraigned this AM on charges that she lied to cops and drove recklessly when she crashed her Porsche on Pacific Coast Highway last June.

TMZ broke the story ... Lindsay's probation in the jewelry heist case would be revoked as a result of the new charges.  The judge who arraigned her -- Commissioner Jane Godfrey -- scheduled a hearing for January 15th on the probation violation.

If Godfrey decides Lindsay did violate her probation, Lindsay could face 245 days in the pokey.

But as we reported ... the Commish is not a big fan of jail, so Lindsay may skate yet again.

unbelievable

I hate cursing and I never type in caps online but...THROW THE BITCH IN JAIL ALREADY! If I, a normal citizen, had done HALF what she has done, I'd be in jail for years. I'm sick of celebrities skating by and thinking they are impervious. She needs a reality check.

Catrina

Hahahahahah!!! I do not feel sorry for her. It's time to grow up and act like an adult! A hard head makes a soft ass...

janet

Lohan still has alot more problems then just avoiding jail.

IRS siezed her bank accounts, lawsuites not going away, the mutual useage between her and the boy band is pretty much over, no work coming in,Lohan claimes she can barely pay her $8k rent and they want the full amount of the lease, the so called $500k spokeperson deal with a clothing line odangerous or something like that looks like that if even true not looking good.

Even if Lohan gets jail time (basically a 3 hour mug shot) all of the above still doesn't go away.

As much as Lohan is so overdue for actual real jail time this is much better. She won't be so smug and arrogent when the money is gone.

Arlene Hadley

This woman belongs in a mental institution and should be court ordered to be committed at least six month

Celebs behaving badly

PROBATION VIOLATION IS A SEPARATE CASE FROM THE THEFT AND THE NEW CASES. THEY ARE ALLOWED TO SENTENCE UP TO A YEAR. I BELIEVE THAT SINCE SH EWILL BE FOUND GUILTY OF AT LEAST ONE OF THE NEW CHARGES AND ALSO THE PV SHE WILL GET A YEAR FOR ALL CONCURRENT.

I HOPE THE JUDGE HANDLES HER BUSINESS AND MAKES IT A COUNTY LID - NO EARLY RELEASE.

AND YES NICOLE THE C .V.NT - IT IS LEGAL FOR THE JUDGE TO STOP ANY EARLY RELEASE

lauriejune

so, her probation has been revoked? what does that mean in terms of 'punishment'? anything. i men how does this impact her life until January 15?I don't get it.

Celebs behaving badly

THE SIGNIFICANCE OF A YEAR SENTENCE IS THAT IT IS THE MAX FOR COUNTY JAIL (EVEN THO THOSE WAITING AT COUNTY TO GO TO STATE PRISON OFTEN STAY LONGER)

JKPJ

She is making a mockery out of our court system. If all these things happened with a person who is not famous, they would have been in jail long ago. Justice...Smshustice!!

BECKER

What will Harvey do if she is not on teh Street. TMZ has to keep posting crap about her according to Harvey's employee agreement with the Blohan family

Michiganplayboy

Hello I.m wanting to know why everybody sees fit to rag on Lilo for her wrong doing but nobody is slamming amanda bynes for her stupid crap that's wrong dam wrong give lilo a. Dam break.

Tarmangani

Why do we even see these stories. Everyone knows that a celebrity will not spend any time in jail in Ca. The average person would be spending years in jail for being a repeat offender.

Alia

I love the ROL article that she turned down according to Daddy a Don't Drink and Drive AD. Now that would of been a bigger comedy than Liz & Dick.

David

dayummm! Her lawyer looks tired and fed up!

Andyconda

I had I hopes for Xmas that fruitloop lohan would be in jail..but I guess she will kick off my new year with a bang..just like she does every year..
hope she doesnt have a passport...
wrong for criminals to carry those..its a priv

drama