Barbara Walters

Sign of

Retirement

12/14/2012 12:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1214_barack_obama_barbara_walters_retiring_article_
If we take Barbara Walters literally, the interview she just did with President Barack Obama is her last with the Prez, because she'll be retiring soon.

TMZ broke the story in December, 2011 .... Barbara was interviewing Obama at the White House, and during a break, right smack into an open mic, Barbara leaned over to him and said, "I need one more interview with you because I'm retiring next year."

Barbara snagged an exclusive interview with Obama and Michelle, which airs tonight (see photo).  By our count, this is the "one more interview" to which she referred when she spoke into the open mic.

So ... is the 83-year-old broadcast icon hanging up the mic? An ABC news insider dismisses the whole retirement thing, noting Barbara has done 3 live shows on GMA this week, 5 shows on "The View" and interviewed the Prez, adding, "There have been reports for the last 5 years about Barbara retiring.  Believe it when you hear it directly from her."

We thought we just did.

self-employed

One more interview with Obama so she can ask him the tough questions such as "If you were a tree, what tree would you be?"Or, maybe," Mr. Pres. may I kiss your ass?"

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

I'm pretty sure she said, on her show, after you reported that, it was a joke.

winkenstein

Good riddance. She is, and always has been, an insufferable old bitch with a mushmouth and liberal bias. Rot in hell, you worthless old hag!

lovehandles

I would love to tea bag BW before she retires.

Pat

Don't EVEN believe the bitch when she says she's retiring! Her "glory days" are definitely over! She's a joke on "The View!" I know they can't wait until she leaves! She's viewed as even more of a joke when she recently asked Gov. Christie if he was "too fat to be president." Time for the "old bird" to hang it up and curl up with her cats, or whatever she curls up with!!!!!

whatever3

Wish Odumba would go with her.

NOT ELMO

Few days ago NYC Mayor Bloomberg spoke on the phone with HILLARY CLINTON asking HILLARY to Run for Mayor of NYC IN 2014 and HILLARY said SHE is NOT interested in that position, LOL, i guess Mayor Bloomberg doesn't realize that HILLARY can be a PRESIDENT, A VICE-PRESIDENT or a GOVERNOR in other words much BIGGER positions than just a simple MAYOR..............................HILLARY / 2016

Laura

Great news! Can't stand her inappropriate questions. I never watch the View when she's on. She hushes the other women as if they are her children. She shows up to work on the days someone"big" is on to hijack the interviews. Hollywood acts terrified of pissing her off. Way overrated, celebrity journalist. Happy Retirement.

msdawndawn

Can I Just say 2 things: T H A N K G O D!

buzz kill

Good Ridance, Bawbraw!

verlinda

83?...wow

Rafaelle Zuccaro

The average IQ of her viewers has got to be UNDER 30, at least??? The other women on the View have IQs of about 10

Rafaelle Zuccaro

For the likes of me, I will never understand HOW she got as far in this industry as she did-- I am convinced that its NOT what you know, but WHO you know- She makes Liberal IDIOTS smile- I have NEVER respected ANY IMPORTANT government OFFICIAL going on ANY of her shows--including Obama!!!She is part of the TV people who DUMB DOWN AMERICA!!!Some one please tell me Is she and her partners on the VIEW smarter than the President??? Is that where Obama gets his policies O K ed there???I guess Barbatra will be his next Sec. of State-- Ya think????

catherine

IT IS ABOUT TIME..............................SINCE SHE STARTED HER CAREER BY SCREWING THE MARRIED BLACK CONGRESSMAN.................OFFLMFAO.....................AND NOW SHE LAPS IT UP FOR BARRY...................RETIRE YOU OLD STRETCHED OUT LIBTARD.............AND DO IT NOW

silverkoala

TMZ seriously invest some money and re-do this awful website

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments