Sandy Hook Massacre

You Be the Judge

12/15/2012 6:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1214_school_shootings_article_pollThe horrific shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut has put some fundamental issues in rack focus. So we gotta ask ...

Nobrows

Mental tests would have done nothing. He stole his mother's guns. I am sure she could have passed any test, and he still would have gotten the guns. Get real. Gang bangers and nuts don't normally walk into a gun dealership and fill out paperwork. They steal a gun from people like us. If one of the teachers had a carry permit, he could have been stopped.

Paula

This was a set up to get our weapons from us! you doubt it? do some research into what these sick sh*t heads are capable of.....The United Nations, the Rockefellers the Morgans ect, fund the UN, they plan on being the world government and armed U.S. citizens are the ONLY ones standing in their way.... people should open their eyes and stop relying on the mainstream media because they own them too....

Paula

I think this school shooting was a set up by those attempting to disarm the world, think the powers that be are not capable? Think again and do some research. I find it interesting that the mainstream media found it so important so soon after this nightmare, they find it so damn important to say these guns were registered, LEGALLY owned fire arms, WAKE UP TO REALITY PEOPLE, like I said, think they wouldn't do this, guess again and do some research into the MONSTERS THAT REAL HOLD WORLD POWER, the United Nations is trying to disarm the planet, and the UN is RUN BY THE MONSTERS OF THE PLANET!

Paula

Paula

Sad to say, I never used to be a paranoid person, the more I learn however, the more I believe this was a set up. The United Nations, the Rockefellers, the Morgans etc, have been chasing global power for a VERY LONG TIME and have been making much progress and I now know they will stop at nothing. They need to disarm the population in order to achieve this aim. before you jump to conclusions you should do some research yourselves, Watch the movie THRIVE, you'll see it clearly. I know it sounds crazy but people need to wake up to the reality of what is going on. these families have publicly referred to us as animals..makes you understand that YES THEY CAN AND WOULD DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS!

dimples

I think the homeschool versus public school issue is silly. I homeschool my 7 year old and send my five year old to a public school. Neither is necessarily "better" than the other, it is all completely dependent on the individual child and parent. Both a great, though homeschooling does eliminate the fear of something like this happening to your child. However, we can't live our lives in fear either.

DEBRA

I believe in gun rights. But heres some what of a solution. just ban assault guns no real need. If it takes that many bullits per second to shoot your target ur a bad shot. dont need that much amo n gun. Second u cant buy asthma med with out putting ur name in system at stores. why not every doctor enter name in system of person taking metal medication or seeing therapist. so when they try to purchase gun it blocks them. to have everyone do psh test is unreasonable could be altered.It wont pevent all,not perfect world. but would have stopped colo shooting and many others.

Jim

Again blame the gun, blame the car he drove to the school, give them a mental test before they buy a gun, how about taking a good long hard look at the doctors that shovel Med's down people year after year. Not every U.S. school shooting involved a gun but they all envolved R/X Med.'s

NOT ELMO

sad sad day.....

Diane

The guns weren't even his so a 'test' wouldn't have worked anyway. Also, I doubt any 'mental' person is going to say that they are going to use the gun to kill someone!

sherrie

For TMZ to make this tragedy an issue is ugly. Shame on you. You have no human filters.

Diane

Guns aren't the problem here. A person could have easily gone in and stabbed a bunch of people if they were determined to do so. Let's talk about the real issue here...those innocent children and families who have lost loved ones to a violent crime by a sick individual!

USArmy

For all of those who want to ban guns, the state had some of the toughest laws on the books. It didn't stop this from happening. The Mother acquire the guns legally. The one thing you can't account for is someone getting a hold of those guns and doing something horrible.

dennis

Do you think this is a good subject for "You Be the Judge"?

Trisha

Sane people have the right to bare arms. That is our given right. People kill people; bottom line.