CT Shooter Adam Lanza

Learned How to Fire Guns

... From His Mom

12/16/2012 12:55 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1216_adam_lanza_mom_abcMass murderer Adam Lanza learned everything he knew about firearms ... from his mother.

Adam's mom, Nancy Lanza -- who was Adam's first victim -- was an avid gun collector who reportedly bragged to friends and neighbors about her weapons and took her son to several firing ranges to teach him how to shoot ... in the months leading up to his deadly assault.

One of Nancy's neighbors, Dan Holmes, told the NY Post ... Nancy was a gun enthusiast ... an avid collector ... often taking her kids to the gun range, infusing them with her obsession with firearms.

Adam used several different guns when he opened fire on Sandy Hook Elementary school earlier this week ... all of which were registered to his mother.

Bobo Frog

Guns don't kill people. Bullets kill people.

ocean views

I don't think I ever seen such a creepy looking person, his eyes, the evil looking grin on his face...Such a heart breaking tragedy, those poor kids, and those poor parents who have had their angels taken away from them. I don't have kids, so I CANNOT EVEN IMAGINE the pain the parents are going through, it makes me wheep still, it still breaks my heart. And MY OPINION (so don't leave negative comments on my post) I personally don't blame the mother. There was NO WAY she would've predicted her son would ever commit such a horrific crime (nightmare). Although I DO however think she had that responsibility to lock up those weapons AWAY from her mentally ill son. Was carelessness on her part, but again, how would she have known? MAY ALL THE VICTIMS REST IN PEACE. @--%----

diane

I don't understand how this woman could have guns in her house knowing her son had psychological problems. To some,extent what happened is her fault. Of course she paid the ultimate price, unfortunately a lot of other people did too.

diane

Too bad the principle didn't have a gun. She could have shot that m f er between the eyes

Pet peeves

TMZ where I come for intellectual stimulation….
from dullards, dolts and other assorted droolers.

Carl Williams

Americans are so retarded lol I'm glad when stuff like this happens I always lmao

Truth

You idiots. Do you blame Ford and Toyota for drunk drivers too?

fonzie

Oh but she has rights you know. Well now she has NO rights at all. Neither do the rest of the victims. I'm so goddmaned sick of everyone's f'ing rights in the country.

OhyesIdid

Most of you people are morons. Lets take away everyone's rights due to a few incidents. Out of the billions of people on this planet and how often this sort of thing happens, does not justify giving up the right to bear arms. A few a*holes kill some ppl compared to the millions of responsible owner, thats your logic? Realize the media glorifies everything that is negative because it is considered newsworthy. People like you is what is wrong with America today.

Melissa

Unbelievable! Parenting at its worst

laura gargano

Isn;t that ironic? She trained her son how to point and shoot- apparently she;s a good instructor because he shot her point blank in the head four times. Perhaps in her next life she'll think twice about the error of her ways. RIP.

Kasiereid

I think the media really needs to stop speculating and taking the word of every fool who opens his or her mouth as "truth". What happened to journalistic integrity??

socalma

I'm not a gun owner. I dont care for guns at all. However, outlawing firearms is not the answer. Those who are using guns for malicious intent are going to obtain their weapons whether it is through legal or illegal means. If someone is crazy enough to commit murder, do you really think they care about breaking the law to get a gun? Meanwhile, law abiding citzens will be left unarmed with no protection.

katie10

we had the shoe bomber messing with the airlines, thus, we all have to take off our shoes now before why can fly commercial airlines. we have mass murders, epedemic now, but we can get gun control..please why: here's why..NRA!

Cowboy Crow

Guns are tools. Nothing more, nothing less. Why does this guy look like he is twelve instead of 20?