Ke$ha

I Was FORCED To Sing

'Die Young' Lyrics

12/18/2012 4:28 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1218_kesha_getty
Ke$ha
has just -- shockingly -- come out and said she never wanted to sing the controversial lyrics in "Die Young" -- even though she's listed as one of the writers of the song.

TMZ broke the story ... Ke$ha's hit song has been yanked from a huge number of radio playlists since the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre.

Ke$ha just tweeted, she understands why her song is now inappropriate, adding,  "I had my very own issues with "die young" for this reason.  I did NOT want to sing those lyrics and I was FORCED TO."

The lyrics include this:  "Let's make the most of the night like we're gonna die young.  We're gonna die young.  We're gonna die young."

A bunch of people lashed out at Ke$ha on Twitter, slamming her for the song in the wake of the tragedy.

Ke$ha is listed as a co-writer of "Die Young," along with Dr. Luke and others.  She does not explain why she was forced to sing those lyrics.

Lala land

I still love the song

Damion

Om my god, this is COMPLETELY idiotic. How truly mentally deficient can one be to lash out at a song that was recorded months ago and is a brilliant pop song just because it sorta kinda relates to a tragedy from just days ago. Seriously, are people in the United really that ignorant?

Even worse is Ke$ha not defending her song, which in no way should be affected, airplay or otherwise, from Friday's tragedy. The two are not related in anyway and Ke$ha remains one of the most brilliant pop song writers charting today. I truly hope her trashing of her own song is just a rumour. The song remains awesome, the tragedy remains a travesty.

Regina

I don't think that Ke$sha was FORCED to sing that song. I actually like it myself. It was just the wrong song at the wrong time is all.
What she should have done was say that the song in no way glorifies what happened and that at this time it is inappropriate to play this song. If she wrote a song that was playing long before the murders, she should own up to it and be proud of it. Shying away from it only makes her look stupid.

Common Sense

I'm sorry; not to disregard the entire tragedy of Sandy Hook; but why is it when a tragedy like this DOES happen--everybody turns into a whiny bitch and complains about every small 'trigger warning'??

I don't understand how Ke$ha should be scrutinized about a song that was released LONG before the shooting...yet people are acting like it was her song that caused the shooting.

dear god, what is wrong with people.

Diamond Goddess!

Ke$ha!
Can they force you to take a bath, too?!
Thanks, The World

(lol)

Carl

If the shooting didn't happen and the song was a hit she'd be taking all the credit for writing it. She is the worst of the Madonna wanna-bees (Lady Gaga, Nicki Minaj, Katy Perry...) and one can only pray it ends her "career".

NotUrCass

This is so f*$king ridiculous, like really unless the shooter said that was an influence there is no reason to blame the song...

peteyp1

so every song that has been sung is the truth ? I don't think so...

jaythepirate

Have you not heard my song about planes crashing into my heart? What? Too soon? Lighten up world

TEAM LAMMY

The gunman doesn't look like he listens to Kesha.

Topsy Ony

Man wants to eat his cake and have it. People want to throw God out of America and Europe, stop Bible, stop prayers, embrace Scientology and the occult, worship Satan and demons that forced Kesha to sing "Die Young", yet people don't want to reap the destructive consequences. Man cannot have it both ways. Impossible. You are free to drive God out of your life and society, you are free to embrace humanism and the occult. But you must certainly reap the consequences. Hear Kesha yourself. She was forced to sing that song.

ekko

Americans - do they teach overreacting and melodrama in schools or is it something in the water?

Deborah S

I guess she was forced to do that nasty video too to Die Young! Nobody forced her--its her song, her video--take some responsibility and wash your face too! Video is way too nasty!

Josh.

Stupidity. No one has a problem with the song UNTIL a maniac goes out and shoots everyone.

Deborah S

I guess she was forced to make that vile video to her song. Take some responsibility--wash your face and the rest of your body parts! Not very becoming and does not sell anything but stupidness!