Ke$ha

I Was FORCED To Sing

'Die Young' Lyrics

12/18/2012 4:28 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1218_kesha_getty
Ke$ha
has just -- shockingly -- come out and said she never wanted to sing the controversial lyrics in "Die Young" -- even though she's listed as one of the writers of the song.

TMZ broke the story ... Ke$ha's hit song has been yanked from a huge number of radio playlists since the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre.

Ke$ha just tweeted, she understands why her song is now inappropriate, adding,  "I had my very own issues with "die young" for this reason.  I did NOT want to sing those lyrics and I was FORCED TO."

The lyrics include this:  "Let's make the most of the night like we're gonna die young.  We're gonna die young.  We're gonna die young."

A bunch of people lashed out at Ke$ha on Twitter, slamming her for the song in the wake of the tragedy.

Ke$ha is listed as a co-writer of "Die Young," along with Dr. Luke and others.  She does not explain why she was forced to sing those lyrics.

chriscras143

Stupid, stupid, stupid, Really not airing songs now that don't have anything to do with with the situation? Well, this is big brother not interfering.

lissabirdie

Why dont they just change the lyrics to "because we like to be young" or something along those lines

JB

Why is she apologizing??? This story has complete idiocy on both

OrdinaryGirl420

Who cares about Ke$ha and her illumanti filled Die Young video. Everyone has there own interpretations about this song, but it really has nothing to do with the tragedy that has happened. But I for one am glad they banned her song from the radio because that song is basically telling young girls its okay to be a ***t. "Young hunks, taking shots Stripping down to dirty socks Music up, gettin' hot Kiss me, give me all you've got It's pretty obvious that you've got a crush (you know) That magic in your pants, it's making me blush (for sure) Looking for some trouble tonight (yeah) Take my hand, I'll show you the wild side Like it's the last night of our lives (uh huh) We'll keep dancing 'til we die" Way to be a role model Ke$ha! Don't get me wrong her music is catchy, just not appropriate for younger girls.

cynrowley

Just as Lee said I am stunned that you able to get paid $7318 in a few weeks on the internet. did you see this webpage wow93.com

Luca Brazzi

Really? ... Too bad you didn't have laryngitis because you STINK!

Bleh

This song has been out for months. Why is this even an issue? These two things aren't even related!

JENNIFER

SHE WAS FORCED TO SING IT BECAUSE SHE IS PART OF THE ILLUMINATI DUH!!!

awesome

it was just a song it was"nt like she knew those kids were going to die before she made the song..some people actually like her music but its sad that it came out around that time

Lash

Of course she was force to sing it, no doubt she can't write a thing, does anyone has a doubt she is dumb? pfff..

SYLVI212

Good grief girl! Touch up those roots!

AdriC

I don't think that Kesha litterally means to die young... I think she means to die young in spirit...

stubbornbeauty

here's an idea.... write your own songs and don't sing songs that you are being "forced" to. please go away, ke$ha.

RD

I like the song. I just wished she would have just kept her mouth shut. I'm sure she wasn't "forced" to sing the song no more than she is "forced" to sign all her big paychecks.

antonricos

I'm sorry but songs that were out before the shooting have nothing to do with psycho killers. Hell songs that come after shootings have nothing to do with psycho killers PERIOD!