Ke$ha

I Was FORCED To Sing

'Die Young' Lyrics

12/18/2012 4:28 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1218_kesha_getty
Ke$ha
has just -- shockingly -- come out and said she never wanted to sing the controversial lyrics in "Die Young" -- even though she's listed as one of the writers of the song.

TMZ broke the story ... Ke$ha's hit song has been yanked from a huge number of radio playlists since the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre.

Ke$ha just tweeted, she understands why her song is now inappropriate, adding,  "I had my very own issues with "die young" for this reason.  I did NOT want to sing those lyrics and I was FORCED TO."

The lyrics include this:  "Let's make the most of the night like we're gonna die young.  We're gonna die young.  We're gonna die young."

A bunch of people lashed out at Ke$ha on Twitter, slamming her for the song in the wake of the tragedy.

Ke$ha is listed as a co-writer of "Die Young," along with Dr. Luke and others.  She does not explain why she was forced to sing those lyrics.

DaveT

How stupid for people to make an issue out of this, the lyrics have nothing to do with innocent little kids being murdered, "die young" is in hundreds of songs, this is one of the bigger problems with our society, it's full of meddling, bored, no-life slanderous gossipy idiots who spend every minute of their day trying to stir sh-t up in *other* people's lives with no regard or concern for what their behavior does to other's lives.
Kesha has no choice but to speak as if she's apologetic, if she says anything different she'll be boycotted and slandered by hoards of morons, given the very sensitive situation with the shooting and people's using it against her.
Too bad, under other cir***stances a more appropriate response would be a big fat middle finger.

Criss

She has nothing to apologize for! It's merely a coincidence! I remember the same thing happening when radio stations pulled the Drowning Pool song "Bodies" right after 9/11. Just more knee-jerk nonsense!

bored

let me guess, she needed the cash.

GJ

MAN. THIS CHICK IS THE UGLIEST SKANKIEST LOOKING TRAILER PARK METH HEAD LOOKING COACH ****ING SLUT I'VE EVER SEEN. SHE LOOKS LIKE SHE WOULD GET A SHOT OF PENICILLIN EVERY SATURDAY AFTER WHORING AROUND WITH NEIGHBORS HUSBANDS.

Lynl

Black Sabbath does a bad ass "Die Young".

dennis

The people who "lashed out" at Ke$ha on Twitter are the same ones that should be watched. It was a song, written and produced a long time ago, having NOTHING to do with the events at Sandyhook. She and the song, however inappropriate, are guilty of nothing more than poor timing.

tony

who forced you? Your alter ego? really?

Nobrows

If everyone loved it, she would be taking full credit for writing it. A bit transparent.

roll3567

What a fraud she is!

braintrain

Why don't you write your own songs and then maybe you wont feel "forced" to sing the lyrics...musicians these days are ruining music....they stand for nothing. Play the Music Not the Fashion.

CriticXtreme

The world has to end this Friday, knowing that you had a "hit?" Your defense and Harvey support me here, Ben Franklin made me do it!

USA#1

Typical response from another piece of trash who can't accept responsibility and tries to shift the blame to someone else. Ghetto America strikes again.

Killmonokill

Tragedy whores make me sick...... 100% this statement was sat down and agreed upon by her management and P.R people to make ke$ha relevant in this tragedy..

Buttercup

It's not surprising that people are having a bad reaction to the song after the tragic events last week. Someone's connections with music can change based on cir***stances- like hating a love song after a break up. Personally, I never liked the song, as people I love have died young from reckless behavior, it always had a bad message to me.

Bird

This is f_cking stupid. That song has been out for months now. Everyone is acting like it was just written, recorded and released today. The song is stupid, but it has nothing to do with the tragedy at Sandy Hook whatsoever. I'm sure the killer didn't hear the song and decide to kill a bunch of kids because of it. Come the f_ck on.