Ke$ha

I Was FORCED To Sing

'Die Young' Lyrics

12/18/2012 4:28 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1218_kesha_getty
Ke$ha
has just -- shockingly -- come out and said she never wanted to sing the controversial lyrics in "Die Young" -- even though she's listed as one of the writers of the song.

TMZ broke the story ... Ke$ha's hit song has been yanked from a huge number of radio playlists since the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre.

Ke$ha just tweeted, she understands why her song is now inappropriate, adding,  "I had my very own issues with "die young" for this reason.  I did NOT want to sing those lyrics and I was FORCED TO."

The lyrics include this:  "Let's make the most of the night like we're gonna die young.  We're gonna die young.  We're gonna die young."

A bunch of people lashed out at Ke$ha on Twitter, slamming her for the song in the wake of the tragedy.

Ke$ha is listed as a co-writer of "Die Young," along with Dr. Luke and others.  She does not explain why she was forced to sing those lyrics.

get a clue

Yes, ke$ha we all buy the fact that you were FORCED to sing a song you co-wrote and made millions off of. We all totally believe you.........

"frenemies"

So she just pretty much admitted to using a ghost writer? You wouldn't write and credit yourself for lyrics you hate. Even though I think people are overreacting by banning the song (I get why some may be sensitive to the title, but its just a song), but I have lost respect for her for not standing behind her music. You had no problem with it when it was topping the charts but know that is is, more or less, banned from the radio, you were "forced". PUH-LEASE....

YouMakeMeFeelGood

So she has no artistic integrity along with a serious lack of talent?! What about that song those guys sing about setting the world on fire?? How about we BAN all NEGATIVE shows/songs?? :)

SKD

This song has been out WAY before the shooting. If you don't like it, don't listen to it. Turn the station.

Mark

Good leson for all those people who think trolls like Kesha, Brittany Spears, Niki Minaj etc are great "artists" and "musicians". They don't do ***** and don't even write lyrics let alone have anything to do with the music. They are talentless slaves of the labels that own them.
It also works the same way with idiots like Chris Brown and Rhianna. Don't believe the album covers.
This is why the labels must die! They are destroying music and brainwashing children!

Blueyebabe

This is BS! It's about living your life to the fullest people need to chill out and not be so literal. Focus on the real issues not some song meant to make you have fun

Phoenicks

Granted, Kesha's music is pretty garbage.
With that said - who gives a damn that she put out a song called "Die Young"? She's not the first and she's not the last to put out a party song about getting killed. Nobody's going after Foster the People for "Pumped Up Kicks".
People need to fall back on this one.

SKD

This song has been out WAY before the shooting. Are people going to now ban violent videos games they have bought for their children for Christmas too? I understand it's a sad incident but there will always be something to connect to another. If you don't like it, turn the station. Simple as that. I do.

Dawne

serious eyebrow wax much?

w

Illuminati forced her

BOHOE

I suppose she was also forced to wear that crap on her eyes too .....

Macker1283

What kind of moron would "trash her" for singing those lyrics that was around before and had literally nothing to do with the incident? It literally makes no sense.

Masoman

The song has really grown on me - if the tragedy did not happen the song would play on with no problem - sadly it did and her

Meyersmedley

How come nobody is slamming The Band Perry for "If I die young"? There are plenty of songs like that. Kesha's music flat out sucks though. Her song was around before this tragedy, but I agree now is super inappropriate to play songs like that. What happened was so horrific, I can barely think about it without crying.

Twiz

I bet all the people trashing her for this song sing praises of rap(crap) that glorifies the shooting/killing of police. Bunch of hypocrites!!!