Ke$ha

I Was FORCED To Sing

'Die Young' Lyrics

12/18/2012 4:28 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1218_kesha_getty
Ke$ha
has just -- shockingly -- come out and said she never wanted to sing the controversial lyrics in "Die Young" -- even though she's listed as one of the writers of the song.

TMZ broke the story ... Ke$ha's hit song has been yanked from a huge number of radio playlists since the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre.

Ke$ha just tweeted, she understands why her song is now inappropriate, adding,  "I had my very own issues with "die young" for this reason.  I did NOT want to sing those lyrics and I was FORCED TO."

The lyrics include this:  "Let's make the most of the night like we're gonna die young.  We're gonna die young.  We're gonna die young."

A bunch of people lashed out at Ke$ha on Twitter, slamming her for the song in the wake of the tragedy.

Ke$ha is listed as a co-writer of "Die Young," along with Dr. Luke and others.  She does not explain why she was forced to sing those lyrics.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

iimE

Is there any way we can get the rest of her "music" to go away, too?

some guy

Stupid... why are people acting like Ke$ha was the one who pulled the trigger? It's just a song that was the victim of horrible timing. I don't believe she has anything to apologize for. Ke$ha needs to stick to her guns and defend her art.

brenda

Spin control is a wonderful thing.

Jen

STFU

really! really?

Whoa. By looking at her eyes it looks as if she's almost ready to Die Young.

TMZ Superfan

IT'S A F'ING SONG... WHY IS THIS EVEN AN ISSUE?

Jordan

Nobody forces you to do anything you like the lifestyle you live because you sing songs that other people write, and now you come forward after a tradgedy, and say you were forced where were you when the song first came out and you were making money from it.

Kalii101

Lindsay watch out this Kesha chick is competition!

kronenburg

Oh, give me a break. Seriously? This is her story? Ke - DOLLAR SIGN - ha, you are a real piece of work. Unless someone was standing there with a gun at your head, I don't think you were ever "forced" to sing those lyrics. And if this tragedy hadn't occurred and the song became the #1 song of the year, you can bet you'd be out there touting it loudly and proudly and giving yourself all the writing credit.

What a fraud you are. Hopefully, your fade into pop music obscurity has begun.

CarneyIsGod

That's the unfortunate happenings when you sign with a major record label.. you HAVE to do things you don't want to do, or you get dropped and forgotten in 2 weeks.

Rusty Shackleford

i believe her, it was 20 years ago, they said "every time you dont sing what we want, we're gonna hit you in the face with this ugly stick"
so she took 20 years of hits to the face and finally caved in and sang.

Sweetnpetite

Illuminati ..maybe

Amanda

Bull****. You wrote it. You sang it. Bet they MADE you make that dumbass video too. Sure she didn't shoot anyone or do anything wrong. But take responsibility AND a shower.

CarneyIsGod

Wait, maybe the song was a hint that this was going to happen, being she's in the Illuminati and all, and they've been known to mind control people to do bad things (James Holmes for example). About time people woke up and believe that the Illuminati is not a myth.

justagirl

I'm glad you wrote this story TMZ, because I actually can't stand the song! The melody is catchy, but the words are just so wrong that every time it comes on in the car I have to change the station b/c I don't want my young, impressionable kids singling along! And it is just so ridiculous because I really don't want to die young -- so to be singing it is just lame. Thanks for pulling it off ratio stations pds!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments