Tiffani Thiessen

I'm DROPPING Instagram

Over 'Ridiculous' New Terms

12/18/2012 11:10 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1218_instagram_01
The Instagram mutiny is underway ... with a bunch of celebs already vowing to NEVER use the photo-sharing service again after the company announced a HUGE change in policy.

Instagram has been under fire for updating their terms of use ... which says users "agree that a business or other entity may pay us to display your username, likeness, photos (along with any associated metadata), and/or actions you take, in connection with paid or sponsored content or promotions, without any compensation to you."

The statement pissed off tons of users -- famous and non-famous -- including Kate Walsh and Tiffani Thiessen .. who tweeted, "Really sad to have to end my luv 4 @instagram. Will be deleting my account due 2 their ridiculous new terms."

And there's more ... "Dancing with the Stars" pro Cheryl Burke is also abandoning ship ... tweeting, "Can't believe Instagrams new policy! They r allowed 2 use ALL of ur images in advertising. Will be erasing my account shortly."

FYI -- The new terms of use do not go into effect until January 16.

jaythepirate

The Creator of facbook is a non thief who has stolen licensed property from the beginning. He has gotten. Away with it before, and will keep using it. All the photos that have already passed thru there servers will still be used. Those celebrities that delete their accounts will no doubt be used first.

FU TMZ

Instagram is basically saying they own all ur pics Jan. 16, and they can use it how ever they like. Sell it to whoever wants to buy it. This also includes other info like the exact geo location the pic was taken.

YdoIreadthisstuff

Never had Instagram, Twitter, facebook or any of the others. Never will!!!!

michael

I'm so sore my poop hurts. I'm gonna delete everything on instagram except for a single picture of one of my turds. They can sell that Sh!t.

Kris Jenner and Kim K = money hungry plastic sellouts.

well....just because u delete ur account doesnt mean ur photos will disappear. they will still have ahold of your photos. its the internet.

sad that facebook/instagram want to own anything that is uploaded. why!!!!!!!! money hungry, no freedom at all. not even on the internet.

let us just post...and our photos are OUR photos!! they have enough $$ already.

Don

Delete your Instagram account. Yes a good idea for why do you have to share with everybody this way, let alone give it to Instagram. These buffons think you are the buffoon. Tell em it aint so!

Remember Facebook owns Instagram and imposes the same unethical mining on Facebook

Delete your Instagram acccount

Delete your Facebook account, for your really don't have that many "friends" well in the definition of what a friend truly is

Now go delete those accounts

becca

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-57559710-38/instagram-says-it-now-has-the-right-to-sell-your-photos/ this article puts it in better terms. It doesn't only affect celebrities, it affects me, too. Which is why I'm choosing to delete my account. (Pictures of my young son sold? Without my knowledge or consent? No thank you)

abbey1971

Zuckerburg keeps making one bad decision after another. Definately a sign of desperation.

..EW..

Bye bye Instagram! I'm going to miss you!

bernergirl

Wondering if this debacle will go as fast as Netflix?

kitnplayn

LOL. BE CAREFUL WHERE YOU POST.....SINCE FACEBOOK OWNS INSTAGRAM.

Twilightstar

Everyone should pull out of Instagram not just celebs. Instagram will be stealing all sorts of cute and good pics and selling them. This is terrible. I heard Instagram was bought by Facebook. Does anyone know what is the Facebook policy re pics?

VictoriaGirl

I unfollowed her on twitter due to her incredibly stupid and vapid tweets on Friday and didnt even acknowledge the tragedy at Sandy Hook.

Twilightstar

Oops I see the policy is the same on Facebook. Don't let them steal you pictures. You may think well there's no harm to you since you are not a famous person. But think again.

I put a lot of effort into my photos. I like to take macro pictures as a hobby. Why would I want someone to be able to just take them?

Someone could have real good pics of their kids, pets, vacation shots, food pictures. There is a lot to steal here. The possibilities are endless.

Tim

I just recently opened an instagram account & wasn't aware of the new terms. "and like that.....it's gone"

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments