Tiffani Thiessen

I'm DROPPING Instagram

Over 'Ridiculous' New Terms

12/18/2012 11:10 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1218_instagram_01
The Instagram mutiny is underway ... with a bunch of celebs already vowing to NEVER use the photo-sharing service again after the company announced a HUGE change in policy.

Instagram has been under fire for updating their terms of use ... which says users "agree that a business or other entity may pay us to display your username, likeness, photos (along with any associated metadata), and/or actions you take, in connection with paid or sponsored content or promotions, without any compensation to you."

The statement pissed off tons of users -- famous and non-famous -- including Kate Walsh and Tiffani Thiessen .. who tweeted, "Really sad to have to end my luv 4 @instagram. Will be deleting my account due 2 their ridiculous new terms."

And there's more ... "Dancing with the Stars" pro Cheryl Burke is also abandoning ship ... tweeting, "Can't believe Instagrams new policy! They r allowed 2 use ALL of ur images in advertising. Will be erasing my account shortly."

FYI -- The new terms of use do not go into effect until January 16.

chris

TOS will be changed per Instagram

Yo123

Ummm... never even heard of Instagram. This is earth shaking news...

El-Boogie

even if you delete...all pictures previously will still b used...your ****ed. OH bTW Do you think this is because FB wants everyone to use FB and not instagram??? Why thats kinda smart of zuck...

HillbillyHell

Nazis

bullsh¥t

I'm so sick of all these celebrities complaining about paparazzi and fans wanting to get there pics taken with then our autographs....sorry to inform you rich basters but that's the price you pay for being famous and rich!! It comes with the territory! if your sick of it well go into hiding cuz it will never change...with out fans your nothing.

bullsh¥t

Maybe eventually people will get the hint and stop airing there dirty laundry online....?

w h i t e y

She's the hottest cougar ever.

Killakadafi

LOL did these ****ers actually think they would get away with this??

DaveT

Looks like Instagram is doing outright and openly what most websites do behind the scenes deceptively as they collect your personal information without your permission and use it to their benefit without respect for your privacy.
I don't blame people for quitting on Instagram, besides....Tiffani is a sweetie and gorgeous so she's right :D

LetsBeReAL

I already signed up for PicYou. That's going to be the new Instagram. Grab your usernames while they are still available. LOL

drgnFlyWlf10

When did Kelly Kapowski return to the spotlight?

NoBrains,NoHeadaches.

I deleted instagram a long time ago.. I never posted anything on there. I like picsart

Livvie

The only thing they're mad about is that they wouldn't get money. I doubt they care about anything else.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4