Ke$ha

Bragged About Writing 'Die Young' Lyrics Before Massacre

12/19/2012 11:55 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

121912_kesha_radio_int

Ke$ha is either lying now ... or was lying then ... 'cause weeks before she said she was "forced" to sing the lyrics to "Die Young," she BRAGGED about penning the song during a radio interview.

The singer appeared on 95.5 WPLJ in New York back in November -- weeks before the Newtown massacre -- and took full credit for writing the song, saying:

"I definitely make sure that every word rings true to me because I would never want to misrepresent myself to millions of people around the world ... I wrote and rewrote and rewrote that song ten times."

Shocking, considering Ke$ha completely contradicted herself on Twitter yesterday after several radio stations around the country stopped playing the song in light of the Newtown tragedy. Ke$ha had written, "I did NOT want to sing those lyrics and I was FORCED TO."

The lyrics to "Die Young" include the line:  "Let's make the most of the night like we're gonna die young.  We're gonna die young.  We're gonna die young."

So, what's the truth? We reached out to Ke$ha -- but haven't heard back.

As for her tweets regarding "Die Young" -- those have since been deleted.

Previous 15 Comments | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11

Annoyed

Ke$ha didn't write the hook for Die Young. Once that Nate guy from Fun came into the mix the chorus changed. Why doesn't anyone do any research. If you Google an MTV Post "Ke$ha Gets 'Raw' On Warrior -- Without Rihanna" Way back in September Dr Luke talks about it. .. " We first had a different chorus on it, and it was pretty good," he revealed. "Then we did another one with Nate, and we liked the vibe of it better. " - Dr Luke

sweetnur84

Illuminati

Stephanie

How does the tragedy in CT. have anything to do with this song? Regardless of if Kesha lied or not does not even matter. The song talks about living like you can die young, not about being murdered by a psyco! This is the most ridculous story I have ever heard....

Turk182

The point here is that she lied. Which story is true, who knows. She feels guilty enough though to lie.

Can anyone see that she is full of it and that buying her music means you buy into her BS.

Keshafan

Maybe she just had a slip like ANY OTHER HUMAN ON EARTH. To quote Chris Crocker...

misty

I don't understand why she is saying she's sorry and she was forced to sing it. Who cares if she was forced or not. Personally I like the song in light of what happened, the song was written and became a hit long before the shooting. It has nothing to do with it. It's not like she wrote it after the shooting happened. What the hell is the big deal?

Sapphiegirl

Looks like this not so superstar has taken a page from the book of Lilo......DENIAL AIN'T JUST A RIVER IN EGYPT GIRLIE! BE AN ADULT AND OWN UP TO YOUR WORDS BEOTCH!

MikeAlike

is she a puppet?
and she is 25 but the age demographic intended as listening paying consumers is 14, "target market" 14, ehmmmmmm 12 possibly, funny enough there are teenagers that can tell whats being done to or "for" them and that age group, their numbers however are relatively LOW! not to state adults growing up with empty tunes dancing thru their heads are not brainwashed or droned out to commercialism either, still, people do as they age move away from the pop products, or migrate to a knew one(s); generally it forms a portion of the personality as the mind hears the music over and over and perceptions, even motivations, socializing, intimacy are affected from my understanding though this kind of music makes people eventually despondent and susceptible/malleable, as "when young" and "fun" impressions become lasting mentally, and memories are not consciously attached to the sonic experiences as its devoid in an aspect, before you read on I have a question did we ever find out if Tinky Linky was actually a gay Teletubbie?

Tracey

oUR RADIO STATION DIDN'T CHUMP OUT AND STILL PLAYS IT. nOTHING WRONG WITH THE SONG. The tragedy doesn't change that.

Mike Moderate

If you listen to the lyrics, it's about a nightclub. I wasn't aware that 6 year olds were allowed in nightclubs in Conn or anywhere else. Ke$ha panicked because she thought this was a Dixie Chicks moment. She should have stuck with the truth. Flipflopping gets you every time.

Arra

I agrree with Taz. The song has nothing to do with the shooting, and this is made up.

Stacey

Blaming song lyrics is like blaming "guns".....the "things" themselves are NOT responsible; the people taking action are to blame! 9 times out of 10 those "crazy" people could have been HELPED & the action not occur if loved ones would have paid attention & tried to get help! My daughter is 11 yrs old & she has some violent tendencies....I have been a "proactive" mom; having her evaluated, etc. The powers that be say "she's fine" but I KNOW something isn't so I do my best to supervise her, put her in actives that enforce discipline & structure.

Previous 15 Comments | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11